Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My 08 dodge Challenger / Superbird

Okay, Frosty has had experience behind the wheel of this beast. When it was all over he was grinning like a possium with a piece of bread between his teef. you couldn't smack him hard enough to wipe the grin off his face lmao !! It was a fun ride !! Okay, the history behind this car is. I bought it brandy new after ordering it when I was overseas playing in the sandbox in the military. This car was on a tv show Gearz 3 episodes challenger vs world with a total of 8 episodes as teasers. It was in a few bullydog and airraid commercials along with a story for Petty's Garage http://www.pettys-garage.com/ video at bottom of screen. And in hot rod magazine at a ecta racing event and at power tour 2014 autocross. I have land speed raced this car since it was new and currently race in scca autocross with it as well.

The car is equipped with a full roll cage built and installed by Petty Garage. It has petty garage suspension components like coil over shocks, strut tower supports, tubular K member, sub frame connectors, drive shaft loop. The new drive shaft will support 1400hp along with new axle shafts and hubs. Dual FE-36 fire suppression system, Dual stroud parachutes, fuel management system, custom made tubular suspension, and nascar exhaust. I installed HPP superbird nose and wing on it in 09. And best of all it's street legal and I drive it everyday woo hoo!! It has been autographed by Richard Petty, Ray Everham, and Stacey. It only has 3 hp powered by 2 squirrels and 1 chipmonk.

This is the car Frosty dubbed "Deer Slayer" which you already know the story about that. So, here is some before and after pics.

By the way there are 2 pics in the bunch that one day I was driving thru this one state one nite and it was cold as a witches broom stick out side and all of the sudden I felt this bumping and air drag on the rear of the car and kind of heard a noise but, didn't make it out. So, I just kept on rollin along until I just had to stop and check it out. Well, I went around the car and I saw this feller frozen to the wing of the car in mid air. I asked him what the heck er ya doin? Well, he replied I went to take a closer look and touched the wing and the next thang I knew you were flying down the road and I couldn't let go. So, I had to take a few pics before I used my lighter to thall him out and release the car. Just wierd things ya find out thar these days!! Yes, that is the real Mach 5 of Speedracer !! lol

post-2378-0-37275700-1426146422_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-16977700-1426146452_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-44909200-1426146481_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-00386300-1426146510_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-96591800-1426146511_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-46166700-1426146556_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-59368100-1426146782_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-91913600-1426146838_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-39750000-1426146866_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-34523000-1426146905_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-13899600-1426146991_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-64442800-1426147030_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-42630300-1426147077_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-35129900-1426147082_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-59528000-1426147085_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-42855200-1426147088_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-30977300-1426147116_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-79758200-1426147138_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-14779800-1426147153_thumb.jp

post-2378-0-93106300-1426147178_thumb.jp

• Thanks 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

So I guess no one goes in the back seat :rofl:

That's amazing though! I'm not completely sure on the retro Road Runner look :D but I'm sure it will grow on me as that is one monster machine!

Wanna pay to do that to my LS3 in the Camaro? :lol:

• Like 1

Let me embellish the "Deer Slayer" story a bit. I already knew GE had hit the stag and other assorted critters with the Challenger. Richard and Kyle Petty were at last year's (2014) Detroit Autorama and they had a display on their Petty Garage cars there as well. So I was talking with some of the Petty Garage people. I was asking if they knew who GE was. They didn't really recognize his name, so I showed them a picture of his car I had on my cell phone. Immediately, I get "oh that looks like the Deer Slayer's car !!!!". Mind you, I didn't say anything to them about him hitting a deer with it either.

Oh my gawd, I could not stop laughing. I told them, yup, that's him. They then told me that this guys is pretty funny too. I then texted him and addressed him as the Deer Slayer.

• Haha 1

Now ... there's something he's not telling. He's the only person I know who's been ejected from a drag strip ... for speeding. And that was before several of the more exotic upgrades (and all the deaths)

• Founders

Why didn't he make "Deer Slayer" his username :rofl:

Ejected from a drag strip? That's possible? "Sorry sir, you are putting the rest of the cars to shame. You must leave."

Here are the pictures my wife took of me driving GE's Challenger. Mind you, this was 2011, before he installed the roll cage, the Daytona kit, and the suspension upgrades from Petty's Garage. These were taken in downtown Charleston WV during the annual Rod Run and Doo Wop.

post-317-0-19326600-1426167576_thumb.jpgpost-317-0-62908500-1426167627_thumb.jpg

I told JUSTA and Indymanjoe the story of this ride on Saturday at the Detroit Autorama. I said I've driven several cars in my day and only 2 cars have had so much horsepower and torque that have shoved me into the driver seat with such force it literally says "shut up, sit down and stay there!". The first one was an '86 Porsche Turbo Carrera Targa I rented in Dallas in the mid-80s. The second was this car. I've driven a lot of Corvettes, Camaros, Trans Ams, and new GTOs in between too.

I jumped on I-77 with this damn thing. I damn near got this thing side ways if traction control had not been on. I was at 120 with more the half pedal left when I let up because of upcoming traffic. This had a lot of go left it that I couldn't get to. All I can say about the car at that time and to this day is "Daaammmmnn!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I guess no one goes in the back seat :rofl:

That's amazing though! I'm not completely sure on the retro Road Runner look :D but I'm sure it will grow on me as that is one monster machine!

Wanna pay to do that to my LS3 in the Camaro? :lol:

Actually Ringo, the same company that makes the Daytona kit for GE's Challenger also made a sweet looking '69 Trans Am tribute for the 5th gen Camaro. Does this give you any ideas?

hppp-1104-01%2Bheide-performance-concept

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/hppp-1104-heide-performance-concept-ta/

Thanks guys I appreciate it!! Yeah, deerslayer is stupid scary sick fast !! It can be over 145 when it hits 2nd gear mildly. So, when driving it on the streets ya really gotta watch the throttle for some dang reason. Oh, and ya get followed by police alot for some reasonrolleyes.gif Sometimes they mostly pull ya over just to look at the car and talk about it. Yeah, I told the wifie that I put the roll cage in it so, she would have lots of things to hold on too lmao!! She didn't believe it tho!

Ringo64 - I'll build your motor for ya hehe!! And I can make it scary fast hehe!! And yes, ejected from racing anymore that day because I was too fast!! Can you believe that Too Fast for the track. If I remember that is the reason you race at a track to see how fast you can go safely. On the back seat there has actually been 3 people that have riden back there. Now, granted it took them a bit to get stuffed in there. But, they did have a bar to hold on too lmao!!

Yeah, the MACH 5 pic was taken out back of the studio after we unloaded it from the trailer. So, I couldn't miss out on a pic with both. Yeah, I worked with Stacey and the mechanic behind the scenes among 7 other jobs there.

The big draw back is I go thru 2 sets of rear tires for 1 set of fronts for some dang reason lol!! 12's on rear and 10 1/2 on front running on forgeline racing rims. I have made a new nose out of aluminum with my design and better aerodynamics and a new rear facia for the same reason. I just gotta paint them and install it. And other things that have been made and haven't installed them as of yet. But, since the weather has broken these all can be installed now. My goal is to break 300 mph and not far at all from it. Then next goal is 500, then 700 etc...

Pro now you know I gotta take you for a ride in this beast lol!! It may not be the bus that I've been building but, it'll be a fun ride I promise !!!!

Pro - grab the keys for yourself - you control your own stupid...er, destiny that way. Spare shorts will be mandatory, but it will be better than any ride at Disney World.

GE - Does "the King" call you the Deer Slayer too?

• Founders

Sounds like a deal GE, I could go for one fast Camaro

Frosty, I'm digging that bird kit except for the headlights. I would have to change that to something else.

Sounds like a deal GE, I could go for one fast Camaro

Frosty, I'm digging that bird kit except for the headlights. I would have to change that to something else.

I have been up close with that car and it is killer inside and out. The only draw back was the camaro seats with the head rest kind of presses between the shoulders for tall folks like me anyway and uncomfortable. They had a convertible set up as well which was killer.

• Founders

I have been up close with that car and it is killer inside and out. The only draw back was the camaro seats with the head rest kind of presses between the shoulders for tall folks like me anyway and uncomfortable. They had a convertible set up as well which was killer.

Hmmm, that's a new one. Usually people complain about the roof line :lol: . I'm 6'0" and fit just fine, I've been wanting one since forever and am glad I finally own one. Of course, I would have gotten a Firebird if Pontiac was still around but happy none-the-less with my Camaro.

• Founders

Definitely better from that view. They should have used the Halos instead of regular headlights, that would have been the ultimate combination of retro and modern. I know what they were trying to do with that interior but yuck, should have taken a page out of Frosty's book and continue the white/blue theme. I am really digging that hood though, extremely Trans Am-esk

Y'know ... I think I'll pass on that ride. I like my rides a little more on the slow side. Not shifting outta first at highway speeds.

Y'know ... I think I'll pass on that ride. I like my rides a little more on the slow side. Not shifting outta first at highway speeds.

Pro - come on now grand pa!! ya gotta be able to get that nash rambler out of 2nd gear and watch everything that ya pass is a bluurrr

I had a hard enough time just taking the Parisienne up past 85 when I got to Michigan. The car was happy as a pig in slop, it wanted to go for a ton ... I wasn't.

Do you mean you haven't heard about GE's school bus? He wants to be the first person to set a land speed record with 50 passengers along for the ride.

• Founders

Do you mean you haven't heard about GE's school bus? He wants to be the first person to set a land speed record with 50 passengers along for the ride.

I call being 1!