Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Bearing Burners

Is there a swap meet this year or do we just get together and shoot the poop?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I have not been able to find it posted anywhere yet. Not in Cruisin' News, MHRA, nothing. It is usually the 1st weekend in May at the Tech Center.

I wonder if Indymanjoe has any info on it. He had a vendor table last year.

• 3 weeks later...

*The May 3 Bearing Burners Car Show & Swap Meet at the GM Tech center has been cancelled. GM & BBAC could not agree on terms to hold this event this year. It is not known if they plan to reschedule this event at another date and location.

According to the funtimes cruzers website.

• 1 month later...

Wow! I wonder what's behind all of this.

HMMMMM????

They heard you guys were inviting GE up and .. well, they got worried about their pets.

I finally heard from a credible source that the problem was two-fold. First, GM wanted $22k for use of the property, up significantly from previous years. I am told this was a manageable amount for the Bearing Burners though for this show - especially now that the car show has been added to the swap meet. Second problem, and more significantly is in order to use the GM Tech Center grounds, a current member of the club must be an actual GM employee or retiree (not a contractor). It seems they pissed off the only GM employee in the club (who quit the club) and that stopped the whole thing dead in its tracks. It was too late to reschedule another venue for this year.

...It seems they pissed off the only GM employee in the club (who quit the club) and that stopped the whole thing dead in its tracks...

are you or JUSTA6 able to fill that spot?

I finally heard from a credible source that the problem was two-fold. First, GM wanted $22k for use of the property, up significantly from previous years. I am told this was a manageable amount for the Bearing Burners though for this show - especially now that the car show has been added to the swap meet. Second problem, and more significantly is in order to use the GM Tech Center grounds, a current member of the club must be an actual GM employee or retiree (not a contractor). It seems they pissed off the only GM employee in the club (who quit the club) and that stopped the whole thing dead in its tracks. It was too late to reschedule another venue for this year.

Sorry, not buyin that one. I know of at least 3 members of the BB's that are GM retiree's now. 2 are former members of my Radical Rides club. Why would they put up with GM's crap when they have a weekly cruise nite in WATERTUCKY, and the 4H fair show at Springfield Oaks. They could easily add a bigger swap meet to that. 22K is stupid $$$ with VERY LIL chance of even breaking even on that. I got us (Radical Rides) in with the 4H for nothing to host our carshow. They Justa want a bigger event with more to see N do. When we shut the club down we passed the car show to the BB's. You know the Widetrackers have the huge Springfield Oaks venue all to themselves for the Dustoff without paying anywhere near that kinda money. I have to think there is MUCH more to this story.

On a different note...Lunghammer Chevy is hosting a show Saturday. Free food, doorprizes all day, trophy's at the end. I believe it's free entry as well. WIN WIN..... The bird will not have road INS until the week of the Dustoff, but the GTO is ready to go. Weather permitting. Need something to calm the nerves down before the US Volleyball Nationals begin the 21st at Cobo. Had a good start today, pounding the ball to our mens league tournie champs today.

are you or JUSTA6 able to fill that spot?

No, I am not a member of the Bearing Burners car club and I am no longer a GM employee.

On a different note...Lunghammer Chevy is hosting a show Saturday. Free food, doorprizes all day, trophy's at the end. I believe it's free entry as well. WIN WIN..... The bird will not have road INS until the week of the Dustoff, but the GTO is ready to go. Weather permitting. Need something to calm the nerves down before the US Volleyball Nationals begin the 21st at Cobo. Had a good start today, pounding the ball to our mens league tournie champs today.

Of course it's raining....roads are mudd. Stayin home today. As I have finally found some parts for my Ol dirt bike, I got it out and fired it up for the 1st time in 8yrs yesterday. Quick ride found gas leaking from everywhere it could possably leak. back to square 1.

Aren't you suppose to be playing volleyball, not messing around with all things mechanical?

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.