Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hello from down under

Hi all,

New to the site so still getting my way around everything. A bit of a background on myself. Honestly can't say I've always been a pontiac guy, unfortunately they are few and far between in aus so growing up I never got to know them much. When I decided to get a weekend cruiser I went to a garage to hopefully buy a 69 charger. Luckily for me it was sold that morning and I went for a browse. Thats when I noticed a beauty in the corner of the shop.

That was the first time I'd seen a 68 firebird in the flesh and I had to have it, loved pontiac's ever since.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and seeing everyone's rides.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

:welcomeFP: Glad to have you here mate! :cheers:

Great looking Firebird you got there! I had a '68 Firebird 400 4-speed years ago... still miss that car.

We love pictures here and would like to see more of your Firebird and some Aussie car shows pics if you have any.

:welcomeFP: Jase 68

Wow! A '68 Firebird down under, and it is not converted to right-hand drive either !!! That must be a rarity indeed. How on earth are you able to keep it left-hand drive in Australia mate? Also, is the speedometer is MPH or KPH? I do love the look of the car though.

Vedoro Green by the looks of the body color.

Thanks mate,

Always good car shows but summer is over here so they start drying up now.

Here's a few resent show favs of mine

post-2365-0-38574200-1425344427_thumb.jp

post-2365-0-11500700-1425344463_thumb.jp

post-2365-0-04326600-1425344502_thumb.jp

post-2365-0-78030400-1425344530_thumb.jp

post-2365-0-33937600-1425344552_thumb.jp

post-2365-0-04983900-1425344592_thumb.jp

post-2365-0-02118300-1425344615_thumb.jp

Left hand drive cars are ok when they're over 30 yrs old. Majority of 60-70s american cars are left hand drive still here.

Speedo is still mph but mine isn't accurate so 50 mph on the speedo is 100kmh. Very easy to convert while driving.

• 3 months later...