Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Woodward Dream Cruise 2012

Frosty

The Woodward Dream Cruise is this weekend. Who's going? I know that notallthere, Professor and I will be hanging out with the Michigan Widetrackers and the SW corner of M-59 and Woodward in Pontiac. Justa6, are you in too?

Anyone else?

I am in for both Friday and Saturday but I have to take my wife and son to the airport sometime on Saturday morning.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Woodward Dream Cruise is this weekend. Who's going? I know that notallthere, Professor and I will be hanging out with the Michigan Widetrackers and the SW corner of M-59 and Woodward in Pontiac. Justa6, are you in too? Anyone else? I am in for both Friday and Saturday but I have to take my wife and son to the airport sometime on Saturday morning.

Can I get into the parking with the Widetrackers? Cost? Having so many probs with the GTO. Now been outta the garage 5 times and everytime I LIMP it home, it adds a couple more to the list. I'm Justa feelin sick the Sunbird will miss the fun for the 1st time ever! I can't get the correct pressure plate/throwout for it. Justa pulled the GTO back into the driveway from a testdrive of the carb rebuild (AGAIN) Much better but not right. Of course I broke my vacume guage to adjust correctly. Headin out to buy a new one and a fresh set of plugs. Thinkin maybe I fouled em when the carb was DUMPIN gas like no other. I will be there if I have to push it!

Blew out the brake lines on the Parisienne. Looked at it again today .. what a gawdawful mess. Booked a rental .. I'll be there Friday morning. Still hunting for a room. Tossing about between Troy and Flint. I'm guessing from the room prices and reviews that west is bad.

Can I get into the parking with the Widetrackers? Cost? Having so many probs with the GTO. Now been outta the garage 5 times and everytime I LIMP it home, it adds a couple more to the list. I'm Justa feelin sick the Sunbird will miss the fun for the 1st time ever! I can't get the correct pressure plate/throwout for it. Justa pulled the GTO back into the driveway from a testdrive of the carb rebuild (AGAIN) Much better but not right. Of course I broke my vacume guage to adjust correctly. Headin out to buy a new one and a fresh set of plugs. Thinkin maybe I fouled em when the carb was DUMPIN gas like no other. I will be there if I have to push it!

Call Jim Larson...he is our contact to Oakland Press for the lot. They usually give him a few extras spots. $35.00 for club members for both Friday and Saturday. If you need Jim's number, let me know. He is in the club roster too. I know because I had to call him earlier in the week since I was not certain what was going on this weekend with my wife and son leaving town.

For the Fiero some parts are on back order for the Ontario Safety Check. Okay actually its one $40 part.

Blew out the brake lines on the Parisienne. Looked at it again today .. what a gawdawful mess. Booked a rental .. I'll be there Friday morning. Still hunting for a room. Tossing about between Troy and Flint. I'm guessing from the room prices and reviews that west is bad.
Did a LIL callin around and Comfort Inn. Your @ the airport, but about 5mi from where Widertrackers park on the intersection of M59-Woodward. Its off 59 N they still have room choices starting @ 109.99. Indoor pool, lots of resturants, cool bars close. Holiday Inn Express, about 2 mi closer to Woodward N still on 59. 124.00 1 room left. Chick had probs N offered me a discount of 119.00. She said she would honor that, if she is there when you call. So ask for 119.00 room. LOL All no worry area's. 59 is the main NE route for CRUISERS to get to/from Woodard 24/7. It's CRAZY right now. You can't stop @ a light anywhere without sweet rides to look at. Might be able to watch em from your room. Hope to see you Fri-Sat

Call Jim Larson...he is our contact to Oakland Press for the lot. They usually give him a few extras spots. $35.00 for club members for both Friday and Saturday. If you need Jim's number, let me know. He is in the club roster too. I know because I had to call him earlier in the week since I was not certain what was going on this weekend with my wife and son leaving town.

I would need Jims #. Thankz.

The boss and I are at the Courtyards in Auburn Hills. Just forgive the Chevy in the Pontiac lots.

For the Fiero some parts are on back order for the Ontario Safety Check. Okay actually its one $40 part.

I can see that I am going to enjoy hearing this story.

Although Woodward is officially the 3rd Saturday in August, today the fun starts. I plan to be down there after lunch time.

Not there 10 minutes and someone wiped out their Intrepid. the number of people that blow through red lights here is insane.

Seems to be bigger N better than ever. Cruised down N secured my parkin spot N got in a LIL cruise down to B'ham. Came back for the evening fun with the wife. GTO's runnin fine as long as we keep movin. Seems to cop a big TUDE about gettin stuck in traffic N threatens to blow her top. (or rad cap) Missed Frosty. See ya tomorrow.

Met up with Frosty, Notallthere and the professur. Tday. Great to meet you guys! Hope you had a great time. Its Justa winding down and I'm home watching the coverage on TV. That dang middle carb screwin up again. @ least it got me home. Tons of pic's, but photobucket will not let me upload. ????

I will post my pics a little later. I am meeting notallthere and mrs. notallthere for breakfast this morning. So JustA6, are you going to get those brass needles that Alex suggested or are you going to try a tank of AV gas first?

I will pst my pics a little later. I am meeting notallthere and mrs. notallthere for breakfast this morning. So JustA6, are you going to get those brass needles that Alex suggested or are you going to try a tank of AV gas first?

Let me say 1st...I'm not knockin Alex and appreciate his time to come down N talk with me, BUT.... It's a 2bbl roch, its not rocket science. He started off sayin it was the large bore carb for a 66. Roch didn't build the large bore til early 70's. Then he said to drop in the plastic float. So I questioned that. Unless you have a prob with leaking Brass floats (you can't find correct ones anymore) You stay with them. Making an issue about alchohol in fuel, do you really wanna add more plastic? They are also waaay more prone to messin up with HEAT issues. (No I haven't been able to locate the correct carb heat displacement gaskets/spacers we used to use for multi carb setups. They do make a big difference) The brass needle would be good all around choice, IF you have the correct seat to go with it. I questioned that suggestion and he said it would still seat. BUT you don't have the contact area and makes it much more prone for leaking and will wear out the BRASS needle very quickly leaving a groove in the needle that will leak. Sorry, but I believe he's blowin smoke on the Avgas too. I was a line crew chief @ Pontiac airport for 4 yrs. He couldn't tell me what brand of gas he was buyin? Phillips 66, Mobil and Shell are Avgas suppliers. Just like our old cars, many aircraft engines were built to run on 115 octane. Alex stated he was buying 100 and it was all the same. Would you run your car on 86 octane CHEAP gas when you know with your engines compression states you need 93/94? Would ya trust your life @ 10,000 ft on cheap gas? NOT ME. There are small trainer planes, experimental's that did run on 100. Maybe thats his only contact for fuel, but its NOT all the same. Plus there are no state/fed ROAD taxes on AVGAS and any FBO could loose their liscense and shut down with huge fines if caught selling to public. Every gallon must be accounted for with a N number for the aircraft sold to. LMAO my Dad's plane N number was used a ton for my Avgas use and TRUSTED friends. And that was only in 5 gal cans!!! Not to mention @ over 8.00gal, Justa doesn't make sense unless you headin for a track or something. He also said to dump the mech/pump for an electric. Expensive add on and its not a fix to the prob. As I know my float N adjustments are correct I'm leaning more towards a fuel bowl vent prob. (I pulled the top off the carb immediatly after running and fuel levels were correct.) Building up pressure or vacume and forcing fuel through the Idle circuit even after its stopped running. I've adjusted my mechanical vent to open immediately, was hoping he would have some words of wisdom in this area after I explained what I've tried so far. There is a double vent system to these carbs. Was wondering if my adjustment was messing this up somehow. This would have been the next logical topic to discuss. After trippin him up too many times, I didn't want to be rude or waste anymore of his time. He may be a good contact to have the carb rebuilt to someone TRUSTED. My throttle shaft guides are bad, but not sticking.....YET. LOL

So that's a "no".

No to the Avgas....Yes to the float Needle if I can get a matching seat. Can see where that might prevent some probs in the future. And of course many parts like the idle mix needle valves, throttle plate shafts N bushings do not come in the rebuild kit. Car ran fine on the way home. Even idled over a mile on the dirt roads to get home. Repacked the car with daughters N wife to head back and it started again. Had a rotten time gettin it home. Glad we didn't get back into the mix. Didn't mean to ramble so much, I did really appreciate your help and Alex's input. All part of benchracin/troubleshootin. LOL Going to adjust the vent to stay closed longer. Wondering if that forces it to vent throught the air horn using the vacume from the throat??

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.