Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

G6 2.4L Intake Problem Rises Again!!!

I know you guys have heard this one 100 times, they don't make intakes for my 2007 2.4L G6, but what can I do. I have a cone K&N filter that will go on the stock plastic intake, or some said there was a guy on here used a civic short ram intake that works well on his G6. (can't find post by the way) Just need some tips to get all I can out of the G6 4 banger. A lot say it will throw a CEL code as it did do on my 05 Sunfire but its still running strong 16.30 @ 84.31mph e/t (automatic) after 30,000 miles. Some say I can use the 2.4L Cobalt set up, witch don't look like it will mount. What can I do guys?

And what do you guys think about E3 plugs? :lol2:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Auto Zone is your best friend for this, you can custom build your own intake, or even try building one with plumbers pipe that would be heat resistant and give you great airflow :lol2: As far as the spark plugs, they are good plugs from what I've seen, but you shouldn't need to replace them now...

Auto Zone is your best friend for this, you can custom build your own intake, or even try building one with plumbers pipe that would be heat resistant and give you great airflow :lol2: As far as the spark plugs, they are good plugs from what I've seen, but you shouldn't need to replace them now...

I will try that, but how do I get past the air temp sensor situation? and will it cause CEL probelms?

Or should I just give up and get a K&N replacement job cause the make shift intake wont be worth the trouble.

Thats a turbo and tune thing Right??

You WILL throw a CODE and it WILL shift like SHIT!! I did it from a long time. In the cold it messed everything up and car would just die out and not stay running. I took intake off and ran no problems. I kept my code reset whenever it came on and it would shift ok. I tried just about everything making no changes to the car and still threw a code. I got my "tune" and was supposed to work with the intake it also did not work. I used a Cobalt 2.4L and it bolted up fine(rubbed on hood a little). My advice after spending some time and money into it DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!

If you want all the detail let me know and i can type everything out later

I used a Cobalt 2.4L and it bolted up fine(rubbed on hood a little).

there isnt a Turbo in that pic. it was a test fitting. with the Turbo, the intake is the other way. and really? the Cobalt intake fits fine? let us know of the details here please. ;) i would like to know...

<<<2.4.

For the Air Temp sensor, Auto Zone sells different pieces separately, so you can build you intake the way you want to where you want, so you can have it in any place you can fit and they have the piping for the sensors to go too ;) And if all else fails, and it doesn't work, return it :cheers:

If I had a 2.4 G6 and really wanted to mod it, I would save all my money and buy the M62 supercharger kit. Easy 240hp! And thats just the kit. YUMMY!!!

No room, that's why no one has thrown a super charger on their G6 :agreed:

You WILL throw a CODE and it WILL shift like SHIT!! I did it from a long time. In the cold it messed everything up and car would just die out and not stay running. I took intake off and ran no problems. I kept my code reset whenever it came on and it would shift ok. I tried just about everything making no changes to the car and still threw a code. I got my "tune" and was supposed to work with the intake it also did not work. I used a Cobalt 2.4L and it bolted up fine(rubbed on hood a little). My advice after spending some time and money into it DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!

yeah i was looking at the cobalt injen kit which doesn't need any mounts if you use short ram version and will def work, but its not a turbo thing just a stocker g6 2.4. You still say no go on kit? What about a cone and just removing the box and placing the cone on plastic intake tube? or is it even worth it.

What about a cone and just removing the box and placing the cone on plastic intake tube? or is it even worth it.

you will need a heat shield.

you will need a heat shield.

where can i get the separate shield alone (not gonna happen is it?) without having to build a homemade job. cause that will never happen cause i couldn't build a ginger bread house. :agreed:

where can i get the separate shield alone (not gonna happen is it?) without having to build a homemade job. cause that will never happen cause i couldn't build a ginger bread house. :agreed:

:lol2: Check with Lampoon, one of the site vendors, he might have something for ya or be able to come up with something for you :lol2:

ok Im here.

No dont do it its a waste of time and money. I had tired defferent set up and everything. The problem it the air is twrilled through the MAF and it gives it a false reading. It will give you a lean code. It will shift very ver yvery hard all the time as soon as the code become pending. I carried a scanner around and kept resetting it and drove on it for like 6-8 months. When it got cold it shifted even worse and would die out. i tried for a few days took off intake and put on stock and ran prefectly fine. I tried letting the code sit and see if the computer would learn and no nothing. The computer would dump as much fuel as it was prgrammed to and still ran lean. Depending on how much your willing to dump into your car i would like to see someone try(since i cant) the adj Fuel Reg. i never looked into prices or anything. I went to dealer and they couldnt reflash my computer after they said they could. I went to my dad freind who owns a shop and all his mechanic were testing stuff and everything they said adj fuel reg should work but not really sure until your play with it

You basicallly better leaving it alone if you dont wana dump some good money into it. The intake did make a difference it just drove like shit.

:agreed: Check with Lampoon, one of the site vendors, he might have something for ya or be able to come up with something for you :lol2:

Nope I tried

Basically

I wanna know if adj fuel pres reg will work though

can you get me links, pics and/or info of this.."adj fuel pres reg"..?

can you get me links, pics and/or info of this.."adj fuel pres reg"..?

I never looked into them I just talked about it. My guess would be summit racing or something along those lines. I can talk to the mechaincs and see what they think but as long as its adj i dont see y it would matter

I never looked into them I just talked about it. My guess would be summit racing or something along those lines. I can talk to the mechaincs and see what they think but as long as its adj i dont see y it would matter

ok cool. if you do get a chance to chat with them, post info or PM me. thanks.