Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

It's been a while!

So, I know it's been a while but I've been lurking! Miss conversating with you guys all the time, but have been through a LOT that has limited my time to sit around and mess around on a computer. The last couple months I've gotten back into working on the cars and I just wanted to sign on for a change and say HELLO!

In the last 8 months, life has been on an EXTREMELY curvy road for this guy. I believe the last time I posted was right around the same time I bought the 95 Neon and the 08 Aura XR. A ton has happened since then. Mid July my Mom met a guy who threw a big wrench in things. For some reason she couldn't find a way to let him go, but he was extremely controlling and allowed her to spend nearly no time with the family. She disappeared for a short while and the only time we heard from her at all was when she wanted our money for the bills we have that are in her name. I very rarely had seen her around home so I was never sure if the bills were getting paid, if the lights, water, or the natural gas were going to be on the next day to cook breakfast.

Right around this same time I lost my job that I had worked at for 3 1/2 years. I was working two jobs at the time so I was able to swing the new car payment okay without my Supervalu job, but was spending a lot of extra time pushing auto work out of the garage and started up a small lawn care business of my own to last me the rest of the summer.

Aside from those small incomes, I started working for Jiffy Lube as a temporary job. They were minimum wage so I knew I wasn't going to last long there, but I needed a legitimate paycheck to come through for a while so I could feel like a normal person again not just throwing cash around for everything. Finally I got a job as a Full Time Installer at Tires Plus here in town and since then, life has slowly worked it's way back to normal. For about 5 months it was just Des and myself living at my mom's house. My brother recently moved back and my mom is moving back tomorrow.

With how things have slowly returned to normal I'm planning to do as I've really been hoping to do since last Spring. I'm starting to talk to a loan officer and we've been discussing our possibility of buying a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house about 15 minutes away from here. It's bank owned with all new carpeting, windows, insulation, and lighting. The only thing it appears to need is a bit of roof work which is not a big deal for a person with family like mine that builds and remodels houses for a living.

NOW -- after my page long story of why I've been absent and missing you all, for the fun stuff! I still have the minivan, the Aura, and the Neon. Des and I are still together and going strong bout 3 years together now! Recently, the van has had virtually no work or mods done besides getting a nice new set of tires.

The Aura on the other hand still has extremely low miles around like 26k, not too much use out of it, mainly just to putts around town until this last week. I've been wanting to do mods to that car since I bought it. FINALLY got some stuff done last week. It's needed tires because those Good Years that GM has on every new vehicle are junk, so I got a nice set of those on yesterday. Also, pulled the stock air box off and threw a Spectre filter on the end of the intake which looks and performs nicely. For the most fun part, the muffler delete. It sounds AMAZING.

And for the Neon, I still have that too. Pulled the motor out and regasketed the motor, got a different transmission for it, and I have to get a clutch for it and throw it back together. No big story there haha :)

Sorry for the long story to start with but I felt I had to explain my absence. So glad to be back!

IMAG0779-2.jpg

IMAG0777-1.jpg

IMAG0790-1.jpg

IMAG0794-1.jpg

th_VIDEO0042.jpg

That's it for now, more to come soon. Again, Glad to be back!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thats a little steep for me right now haha :) maybe if someone offered me the 18,500 I'm asking for the Aura haha, but otherwise considering we're looking to buy a house, I wouldn't be able to buy it right now :/ always loved that car though haha.

• Founders

Welcome back Cody, good to hear your life is getting back together. Good luck with the house!

Anyway, good to hear about the cars and you still have them. The Aura's looking great! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it's really nice to talk with everyone again! I just found out within the last week, that I'm buying my first house! I was pre approved and put in our offer today and I'm really hoping they'll accept!! My offer was 5,000 over they're price but I'm asking them to pay closing costs so we'll see how it goes!