Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

thinking of getting Grand Sport stripes (poll)

thinking of getting Grand Sport stripes (poll)  

30 members have voted

Please sign in/register to vote or see results of poll. Votes will be made public once the poll closes.

How about chrome stripes to match your wheels....

I still dont get the stripes thing... :willy_nilly:

no i got it....Paint the housing of your headlights black ( get rid of the eye lids) , then tint your taillights, and then you can get black stripes... :lol2: That would look SHHHWWWEEEETTTTTT!!!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about chrome stripes to match your wheels....

I still dont get the stripes thing... :willy_nilly:

no i got it....Paint the housing of your headlights black ( get rid of the eye lids) , then tint your taillights, and then you can get black stripes... :lol2: That would look SHHHWWWEEEETTTTTT!!!

:lol2::woot::lol2::lol2::lol2:

meh I like my eyelids and if I were to paint the headlights I would colormatch them like a C6 vette. :lol2:

My tailz are already tinted, see my progression thread or cardomain page. :woot: As far as the stripes I want a light grey or a couple of shades darker silver. I dont want them to stand out so much that they take over the car.

but thanks guys for the thoughts. :willy_nilly:

:lol2: Dan & Mark.

Now if it would warm up outside so I could work on the sizing that would be great. :lol2:

meh I like my eyelids and if I were to paint the headlights I would colormatch them like a C6 vette. :lol2:

My tailz are already tinted, see my progression thread or cardomain page. :lol2: As far as the stripes I want a light grey or a couple of shades darker silver. I dont want them to stand out so much that they take over the car.

but thanks guys for the thoughts. :lol2:

NP. thats what we are here for. :woot:

Here is something for you guys to check out Vinyl Sheets Check out the links on the left side under Uncut Vinyl sheets, they state they start at around $30, so for you people looking to make your own eyelids or fender stripes, you could get this in the length you need, make a thin cardboard cutout for whatever you are doing, then take a razor blade, cut out the decal, spray it with a mixture of water and soap, lay it on the car in the place you want it, use a credit car to squeeze out the air bubbles gently while going over it with a hair dryer on low settings, let it cure over night, and then you would have your new vinyl :badGT: Trust me, I KNOW what I'm talking about, if ya don't believe me, ask the G6P guys, they tease me all the time about my vinyls :)

i have ordered from a cheaper place. its where i got vinyl to do my eyelids. and both of them came off of one sheet, the smallest one.

if they had that in red id possibly get it

OMG! That would be BA! I wonder how it would look on mine... GHOST!

I say go for it though. I love the look of it up there! :lol2:

what? :( Jedi, get those stripes on before someone copies you. :lol2:

I say go for it though. I love the look of it up there! :(

what? :D Jedi, get those stripes on before someone copies you. B)

Im a trendsetter! ;) and all the cool kids want to do it now! B)

:lol2:

Just messing with ya... I would't take that from you... I will put them on though. make sure you get some black ones made and if you can dark grey :woot:

^^^^^^ :):DB):lol2:

F'ing snow killed my plans to make the template today. :woot:

Glad I made you :woot:

Is one of the stripes thinner than the other or are they both the same?

The back one will be a little thicker, It creats motion and is more interesting to the eye. IMO

So you want black or Dark gray, Mark wants red and I want medum gray/silver.