Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The '68 Came Out To Play~

Changed the spark plugs, cleaned the carb, car had some play time. Please excuse the smoke in the revving shot, have fuel and carb cleaner all up in there :lol:

and some pics:

246607_576220110073_195200394_31729809_7825398_n.jpg

229169_575923205073_195200394_31724712_3759127_n.jpg

Light wiring needs to be fixed, though the reverse, head lamp and high beams work.

EDIT:

Added some more :lol:

248213_576234630973_195200394_31729991_1242591_n.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

thanks you guys :lol: the car has grown more and more on me as to how it looks, to the point where i don't want to change it haha. slowly working on everything, i think i'm going to stick with performance upgrades for now :lol: mostly luxury items like disc brakes, hah.

I like the first pic and your siggy. :lol:

I dunno why, but the exterior is just badass as is.

Dump all your money into suspension, brakes and drivetrain. And add a nice set of wide, staggered wheels with some sticky radials, and you're good.

• Founders

:) mostly luxury items like disc brakes, hah.

Luxury items eh? This is my kind of girl :lol: :lol:

Looks great! I love this Firebird! It would look amazing all done up nice but it has that awesome "I Survived" feel to it now.

Thank you everyone for the kind words on the 'bird, I really appreciate it :indian:

Haha, Chaos, I'm doing so :o A buddy of mine may be giving me some WS6 brakes I need to see if we can retro fit to put on this summer, but sadly if I do that I think I have to part ways with those rally II wheels :bowdown: Suspension work and a new carburetor & intake will follow. I just am not sure which type of carb to go with.

The F-body dual piston calipers would make a nice addition, as would rear discs. BUT, you may have to do a spindle swap (98-02 F-body) to make it work. Well worth the effort, IMO.

As for new wheels to accept those brakes, some C5 Y2K wheels with a deep dish would be tits on the Firebird.

The guy on the show "Chasing Classic Cars" would say this car has a great patina.

Yeah, deep dish would be nice. I'm no sure what type of wheels I want to go with, but definitely will want deep wide tires in the back.

Joe, that's a really good way to put it, thank you :bowdown:

I like the photography almost as much as the car! Haha looks good. Why not try some of the brakes off a 05-06 GTO? They are really good brakes, just be sure not to get the 04 ones. :bowdown:

thanks for the comment on the photography, i've been practicing for about a year with this dslr i got :)

a friend and i were discussing the idea of scoring a parts car, and if i could get my hands on a wrecked gto that had surviving brakes and an engine for a good price, and a place to keep it (my mom would probably kick me out if i had a wrecked car in the garage), i'd get it.

though right now i may have access to '02 trans am ws6 brakes. i just need to do my research as far as what the patterns and how to retro fit them and everything like that. luckily my buddy is super handy with this sort of stuff, so maybe we'll have something this summer. the only issue with the bigger brakes are the need for new wheels and tires. i love my 15 inch rally IIs but i am thinking about something five spoke, black with polished lip. nothing bigger than 17".

i'm thinking that's probably more than likely, which isn't too big of a deal, i guess.

I like the photography almost as much as the car! Haha looks good. Why not try some of the brakes off a 05-06 GTO? They are really good brakes, just be sure not to get the 04 ones. :)

derp11_Hurrrr_Deerrrrp_Derp_Derp-s314x322-126809-580.jpg

weird, mine stop my cars 3885 lb ass daily....

' date='May 27 2011, 11:07 PM' post='54691']

Uhh...doesn't the 04 have the same dual piston calipers as the 05-06?

no.