Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

[ChaosweaveR]'s Mitsubishi Galant ES Progression

• Founders
' date='Jun 13 2011, 09:15 PM' post='55420']

I swear, it's a compulsion...I mod every car I get my paws on! :rofl:

I think everyone knows how that is :lol:

I was helping my mom decide what she wanted for a new car last weekend and I was looking under the hoods and all around and seeing what I could do with the car even though I know my mom won't let me :lol:

BTW I'll have updates hopefully later today with what my mom gets...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock airbox was enormous. Total of three resonators, one in the airbox, one right by the throttle body, and one on the bottom of the car where the stock intake began.

• 2 weeks later...

i forgot that the galants come with the 4g64. lmao. haha. i thought they came with the 6g72's but then again, thats the 3g eclipse GT motor. hehe.

I really need to get back into another mitsubishi. argh!

i forgot that the galants come with the 4g64. lmao. haha. i thought they came with the 6g72's but then again, thats the 3g eclipse GT motor. hehe.

I really need to get back into another mitsubishi. argh!

Yes, they have the 6G72. Most are 4G64 equipped. Get an 8G! Dirt cheap to get!

You and those damn Rally Flaps

Don't be jelly.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to a vinyl shop I use for some of the many decals inbound for the Galant...decided to give some domestic flair to it. Grand Sport fender stripes, or GS stripes. Seen on Corvettes, and other GM cars...never on a Galant, or foreign car for that matter. Took some quick measurements of the driver's side fender, and got some stripes cut out. Whatcha think? They match the club banner on the windshield.

GalantStripes1.jpg

GalantStripes2.jpg

GalantStripes4.jpg

GalantStripes5.jpg

GalantStripes6.jpg

And not to be outdone, a JDM new driver flag adorns the right corner of the windshield too. Appropriate since the lady is fairly new to the car scene. lol

GalantStripes3.jpg

Yup, GS stripes on a Galant.

youwannafightaboutit.jpg

omg Chris is turning into a ricer. soon hell have a big ass wing and fart cannon. ROFLMFAO

j/k

looks good chris but Not feeling the rally flaps at all and the fender stripes are to skinny

Ultimate goal with the Galant, is the VR4 look. Transplanting the actual 2.5L V6 Twin Turbo, AWD and five speed manual would cost 5X the cost of the Galant itself...but all the body panels fit with little or no modifications (aside from the obvious electrical splicings) so the look is achievable...and damnit, the VR4 and Sport models put the USDM Galant to shame.

mitsubishi_galant_vr4.jpg

Seriously...why Mitsubishi never sold the VR4 Galant here is beyond me.

IMO, GS stripes do NOT belong on a non GM car. Also, rally flaps? For what? Dos she plan on off roading often on those street radials?

So much non-functional on a commuter = rice IMO. Just sayin'.

The mudflaps have a good amount of function. They keep A LOT of debris off the side of the car. Also, sling from tire gloss, and in the wintertime, helps with keeping tons of snow and sand from building up in the wheelwells. Sure as hell helps on my car. To boot, Jess loves the look. She pestered me for two weeks to install them. :lol: as for gravel and dirt, you'd be surprised how well a meaty all season tire bites in those conditions. :)

Also, GS stripes just for GM cars? Jaguar would like to have a word with you.

2003-Jaguar-Select-Edition-Racing-E-Type-Roadster-1962-FA-Studio-1280x960.jpg

Grand Sport stripes isn't just a sole GM look, it's been used by road racers throughout the years.

Dodge uses them too :lol:

Forgot about that.

The real purpose for the stripes is for aiding the driver in corners. If you look on the Jag, you'll notice the stripes directly over the front wheel, so the driver can know where the front wheel is, and knife all the apexes in lefthand corners. They were dubbed "Grand Sport" stripes because of the racing models that adorned them. That is why true GS stripes are only on the driver's side. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Pics from the TGC NY Meet in Queens today. Lots of fun, food, and the Galant owners are some great folks. And oh yeah, this is why I have 15"s on my GA:

TGC1.jpg

TGC2.jpg

TGC3.jpg

TGC4.jpg

TGC5.jpg

TGC6.jpg

TGC7.jpg

TGC8.jpg

TGC9.jpg

TGC10.jpg

TGC11.jpg

Added: yes, I finally got the JDM tails! So much cleaner!