Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hi everybody!

Hello everybody, I'm Ryan. I'm a new pontiac owner, bought my car about 2 years ago. First car owned (just turned 18), its a 03 Grand am GT. Didn't look the best when we bought it but i've cleaned it up. Had some small scratches on the back. Bought with roughly 116,000 miles for $3700. Had a couple engine problems but i believe it is all sorted out and i can start spending money on other things :P This past summer i had window tint put on, I really wish it was legal to put the dark on the front side windows too but o well. Still trying to decide whether or not to buy some black or black/chrome rims for my car.

I took a couple pictures, sorry the car isn't the cleanest its almost impossible in Michigan during March.

http://img638.imageshack.us/i/dscn3487.jpg/

http://img854.imageshack.us/i/dscn3488.jpg/

Anybody have a solution for these bad boys? Some shitheads at school are careless and leave marks all over my car.

http://img694.imageshack.us/i/dscn3489i.jpg/

Well i really like my car but i think im going to sell before i head off to college. Would really like my future car to be a black G8.

I like some of these emotes :(:leghump:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thanks, yea i found some touch up paint that i put on some of the other scratches. Still looks horrible, maybe i'm putting it on wrong or something.

Only thing that bugs me about this site so far is that i cant post my images in %7Boption%7D tags straight from imageshack

Welcome to FP!

Ahh...a stock 03 GAGT...takes me back. :(

What did you have in mind for mods? There's a lot of performance potential in the LA1, but it isn't cheap. Exterior mods, the subtle things really bring out the overall design of the car very nicely. There's a lot of cheap, ricey projector/halos for the 5th gen, to which I advise you stay far away from. If you want projectors, find a real retro-fitted set of headlights, or make your own set. Tails, the 2nd gen LED tails are your best bet as far as quality, but the housings themselves leave a lot to be desired. Tinting the top half of them looks best.

Others: the lame Alero, or "mickey mouse" mirrors the 02.5 and up models came with are just hideous. The dual post mirrors that came on 99-01 models can be had for cheap in pairs, but come unpainted. A good debadging does wonders as well. Another simple mod, DRL delete, you have an 03, just simply yank the DRL relay from under the hood. DRL's are completely useless anyway.

Simple bolt ons: a CAI is easy to be had for on eBay, or customintakes.com. Exhaust, I recommend what I have: Flowmaster 80 series muffler, glasspack in place of the restrictive stock resonator, and Magnaflow makes an excellent direct fit high flow cat, and it won't set off the SES light. Also, with all of this...keep the 2.25" pipe diameter, and you'll have zero rasp.

Did I mention I'm the GA guru around here? :leghump:

• Founders

:(

Nice GA!

On the pics, with imageshack you'll have to right click the image and click "view image" or "copy image url" either or will work, if you click the the "view image" one, copy the URL in the URL bar of the browser. Basically what you're looking for is the image location of the image not the redirection which is what imageshack gives you.

dscn3487.jpg

• Founders
' date='Mar 4 2011, 08:09 PM' post='49785']

It's a sign.

Photobucket FTW.

:( Both work equally well, I personally like image shack better because its a faster upload process.

' date='Mar 4 2011, 05:55 PM' post='49777']

Welcome to FP!

Ahh...a stock 03 GAGT...takes me back. :(

What did you have in mind for mods? There's a lot of performance potential in the LA1, but it isn't cheap. Exterior mods, the subtle things really bring out the overall design of the car very nicely. There's a lot of cheap, ricey projector/halos for the 5th gen, to which I advise you stay far away from. If you want projectors, find a real retro-fitted set of headlights, or make your own set. Tails, the 2nd gen LED tails are your best bet as far as quality, but the housings themselves leave a lot to be desired. Tinting the top half of them looks best.

Others: the lame Alero, or "mickey mouse" mirrors the 02.5 and up models came with are just hideous. The dual post mirrors that came on 99-01 models can be had for cheap in pairs, but come unpainted. A good debadging does wonders as well. Another simple mod, DRL delete, you have an 03, just simply yank the DRL relay from under the hood. DRL's are completely useless anyway.

Simple bolt ons: a CAI is easy to be had for on eBay, or customintakes.com. Exhaust, I recommend what I have: Flowmaster 80 series muffler, glasspack in place of the restrictive stock resonator, and Magnaflow makes an excellent direct fit high flow cat, and it won't set off the SES light. Also, with all of this...keep the 2.25" pipe diameter, and you'll have zero rasp.

Did I mention I'm the GA guru around here? :leghump:

To be honest about half of that went over my head. I don't know a whole lot about cars that was more of my dad and older brother's thing. If i do plan on buying things i'll make sure to ask you. And not sure i want to put any money into it if i'm going to be selling this summer/fall.

And thanks for all the welcomes! Nice to see such an active board :P

sorry ghost i was kinda in a hurry didnt mean to leave you out

:(

:rofl: :rofl:

anyways back on topic. you will get great help from the members, so you shouldnt worry.

• 2 weeks later...