Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

I need some stuff for my Pontiacs

I am looking for some "things" for my Pontiacs that I cannot seem to find, and the few times I have come close the prices have been so out of line I nearly wanted to hit the person I was dealing with... I make lots of friends I do!

What I am looking for is a vintage siren for my 1950 Pontiac Ambulance along the lines of this one here:

DSC_0692.jpg

DSC_0698.jpg

33913110017_large.jpg

And the other thing I don't need, but I would love to find any variation of is a 1931 vintage Pontiac-Oakland dealer or service sign of some sort.

oakland%20pontiac.JPG

But keep in mind I am poor, I live hand to mouth and if I didn't occasionally bite my fingers I would starve to death.

Another thing I am looking for that I'm not sure it warrants it's own thread, is I am looking for another 1931 Pontiac sedan like the one I drive, I want to build a mild hot rod out of one and paint it the same colours etc as my restored 31. Any condition, the closer to Alberta the better.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Try contacting the Pontiac Commercial & Professional Vehicle Chapter of the Pontiac-Oakland Club (POCI). They are a speciality vehicle chapter dedicated to preserving and restoring Pontiac, Oakland, and GMC commercial vehicles. Since most of Pontiac's ambulances were built in Alabama, they might have a line on parts.

Web: http://pcpvpoci.info

But keep in mind I am poor, I live hand to mouth and if I didn't occasionally bite my fingers I would starve to death.

Another thing I am looking for is another 1931 Pontiac sedan like the one I drive, I want to build a mild hot rod out of one and paint it the same colours etc as my restored 31. Any condition, the closer to Alberta the better.

Uh, I couldn't help but notice this. Not to be rude or anything, but should you be looking for another project car if you're poor, as you put it?

Try contacting the Pontiac Commercial & Professional Vehicle Chapter of the Pontiac-Oakland Club (POCI). They are a speciality vehicle chapter dedicated to preserving and restoring Pontiac, Oakland, and GMC commercial vehicles. Since most of Pontiac's ambulances were built in Alabama, they might have a line on parts.

Web: http://pcpvpoci.info

This isn't one of those Pontiacs, it's a Canadian Pontiac, basically a Chevrolet with a different hood and grill and dash. I don;t need any part for it luckily, I am just looking for a siren.

hm, no one moved this? in the general mods would be more appropriate. :lol2: Jedi, Ringo, im on my cell and cant do it.

• Founders

hm, no one moved this? in the general mods would be more appropriate. :lol2: Jedi, Ringo, im on my cell and cant do it.

It can fall under both ;)

Moved it but left a redirect in Pontiac discussion :(

Uh, I couldn't help but notice this. Not to be rude or anything, but should you be looking for another project car if you're poor, as you put it?

I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not.

I figured that would come across as intended, as a joke... worry not as Ii don't actually get my sustenance from occasionally gnawing on my digits... as fun as that might be it's just not my way.

And don't worry about being rude, it's all good.(I come across as rude a lot when I don't intend it ↑) But I have to say if you are serious, one, why would I get rid of my car(s) and get something else, that is not exactly a cost cutting measure, I like what I have and don't want to get something else, and other cars would cost as much or more to build. And two, I am looking for superfluous items that do not actually affect the outcome of the cars build or hold back any aspect of the cars existence, I just would love to find these things and not spend a ridiculous amount of money, like the last siren I found locally they wanted $5000 for it and it's realistically worth less the $500, a friend got one for his ambulance for $150 2 years back... I hope to luck out on a deal like that.

Often when someone posts online they are looking for something people seem to get the idea they can ask a moronic price for the item I want and actually get it, but sometimes you find some really great people that want to help you out when they have the item and it's no use to them, for example: Last February on another Pontiac site I posted I was looking for a 1931 Pontiac rad cap that didn't have the feathers broken off (as they normally do) and after a couple months a guy contacted me with a car and an original owners manual and let me have them for $150 when the cap itself is worth about $750, and he knew it but was happy to help me out. I hope that someone will see that I am looking for a siren and maybe have one under a bench in their shop that is doing nothing useful and let me have a good deal, if not and I don't find one that's okay too.

Last year I was looking for a new camera, but didn't want to spend a lot of money, and a guy told me "If you don't want to spend lots of money then you shouldn't even take photos" that has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

• Founders

Yeah I get what you're saying.

Last year I was looking for a new camera, but didn't want to spend a lot of money, and a guy told me "If you don't want to spend lots of money then you shouldn't even take photos" that has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

:D I can understand this photography statement if you were going to try and be a professional photographer for or something of that nature but for simple point and shoot of a car or people, nothing expensive is needed.

Again like you said you gotta know where to go to get a deal...

Anywho back on topic now

GL man. one of the best places to look for classic parts are small towns. You will always find people with classic stuff around. Not sure how much I can help but I will ask some friends in a small town in Oregon. See what I can find for ya.

This isn't one of those Pontiacs, it's a Canadian Pontiac, basically a Chevrolet with a different hood and grill and dash. I don;t need any part for it luckily, I am just looking for a siren.

I would still contact them to see if they may have a line on one. The siren doesn't care if it's a Pontiac or Chevy motor under the hood. I do understand the subtle and sometime exasperating differences between Canadian and US built Pontiacs.

Since you mentioned Canadian built, there is also a Canadian chapter of POCI, but I would suspect that the membership is largely based closer to Toronto/Ontario and not Alberta or BC. There is also the Canadian Poncho forum website. You never network enough when you are looking for a particularly rare or hard to find piece.

http://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/index.spark

http://www.canadianpontiac.org/

Also, could these sirens have been used on police/RCMP cars, and other emergency vehicles? Since this is a speciality vehicle, it stands to reason that this siren was used on other non-Pontiac cars or trucks else where in Canada or in the US.

I would still contact them to see if they may have a line on one. The siren doesn't care if it's a Pontiac or Chevy motor under the hood. I do understand the subtle and sometime exasperating differences between Canadian and US built Pontiacs.

Since you mentioned Canadian built, there is also a Canadian chapter of POCI, but I would suspect that the membership is largely based closer to Toronto/Ontario and not Alberta or BC. There is also the Canadian Poncho forum website. You never network enough when you are looking for a particularly rare or hard to find piece.

http://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/index.spark

http://www.canadianpontiac.org/

Also, could these sirens have been used on police/RCMP cars, and other emergency vehicles? Since this is a speciality vehicle, it stands to reason that this siren was used on other non-Pontiac cars or trucks else where in Canada or in the US.

Very good points, and I will definitely follow that up, it can;t possibly hurt!

I am a member of Canadian Poncho, i got my 31 rad cap through them, good bunch of people there, here too! :my2cents: