Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1957 Pontiac Custom?

Hey Guys, this '57 Pontiac popped up on our local car sales website Trade Me, for sale at NZ$25k. It has been converted to a utility, and requires a ton of work to get on the road, along with recertifying.

Anyone brave enough to take it on; how about you Chris?  Not me, that's for sure.

2073781726.thumb.jpg.46ed8141c3799d267ea1827320682922.jpg

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/pontiac/listing/4352654914?tm=email&et=45&mt=C0008284-DDAE-4C91-B27F-75F14DC5AF9A&bof=l6fEvG5r

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I reckon that looks superb BUT the bed is too short. I understand that they kept the original proportions in order not to cut the chassis and lengthen the prop shaft and so on, but it just doesn't look factory with that very short bed. Apart from that - it's a beauty. 

I once got close & personal to a 59 El Camino - the ones with the fins and the teardrop taillights. Now THAT had the right proportions. This one is so close, but not the real deal.

Come on, Kiwi. What else are you gonna do with your free time?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, KiwiStarChief said:

Hey Guys, this '57 Pontiac popped up on our local car sales website Trade Me, for sale at NZ$25k. It has been converted to a utility, and requires a ton of work to get on the road, along with recertifying.

Anyone brave enough to take it on; how about you Chris?  Not me, that's for sure.

2073781726.thumb.jpg.46ed8141c3799d267ea1827320682922.jpg

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/pontiac/listing/4352654914?tm=email&et=45&mt=C0008284-DDAE-4C91-B27F-75F14DC5AF9A&bof=l6fEvG5r

yes Russel i spotted it !!! what a can of worms that is !!!, the chassis looks to be chev !!

dash looks to be 56 !!

cert plate says its a 56 ????

i would love it for parts for my 57 ! :rofl:

12 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Come on, Kiwi. What else are you gonna do with your free time?

free Time !!!!!!:rofl:, currently trying to get my tunnel house finished, contractors are here dropping 157 pine trees on the boundry line, work is crazy busy , window for the beach are ready to pick up... and i have to recladd that whole wall..

bathurst this sunday too !!!!

https://www.supercars.com/events/2023-bathurst-1000

for any one wondering what Bathurst is... this year is the first for camaro ! rip holden 

• Haha 1

Chris, I had a look at the Carjam report, and it is a NZ new vehicle, listed as a 1956 registration. It is probably a similar situation to the '56 Chev's that were sold new in NZ, in that they came from Canada which was where all RHD Fords and Chevs originated. The Canadian '57 Pontiacs were all built on Chev frames, and as with the '57 Chevs sold here new, all had the '56 dashboards.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KiwiStarChief said:

Chris, I had a look at the Carjam report, and it is a NZ new vehicle, listed as a 1956 registration. It is probably a similar situation to the '56 Chev's that were sold new in NZ, in that they came from Canada which was where all RHD Fords and Chevs originated. The Canadian '57 Pontiacs were all built on Chev frames, and as with the '57 Chevs sold here new, all had the '56 dashboards.

your on to it ! that explains the dash and the chevy chassis :cheers:

that also means no good for parts as all that front clip will be differnt to usa 57 ....

and you know like i do,,, any car from that eara has been choped roll and arsoled over the years !! it will be a whole can of worms after all the owners its had and all the buchtery !!

when i look close at the pictures its soooooo not pretty !!!!:stars:

8 hours ago, KiwiStarChief said:

yeah and bought into nz and assembled at the porter factory in petone aye ! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KiwiStarChief said:

That could be a very cool car, but certainly not for me with only 2 car garage space. A fair bit of interest from the questions, but no one bidding.

Yeah it’s certainly a good  project … but the whole interior was missing ! That’s a hard part to rebuild ! 

• Like 2