Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hello folks. I have a fisc convertion on my 58 chieftain. I got them working really well but I can't get the tires to lock up. My question is should the wheels lock up. It will dive the nose and stop well but you hammer them they don't lock. Any advise

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Ok sir ill tell you this. I got 4 wheel disc brakes. Master cyle Der is a willwood. Front calipers are willwood. I got a porpotioning valve from cpp.  The bavk cipers are a gm d154 with street pads. All I iasked if and or should the brakes lock up the tires. I didnt do the math of weight vs brake pad area and force. Sorry I didn't go to collage to be a professor. I'm a blue collar guy just trying to figure this shit out. I will gladly remove myself from this form since I didn't know you had to be an collage grad. And by the way it's not idian is native American you FORDing savage. IM OUT

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Ron Dietz said:

Ok sir ill tell you this. I got 4 wheel disc brakes. Master cyle Der is a willwood. Front calipers are willwood. I got a porpotioning valve from cpp.  The bavk cipers are a gm d154 with street pads. All I iasked if and or should the brakes lock up the tires. I didnt do the math of weight vs brake pad area and force. Sorry I didn't go to collage to be a professor. I'm a blue collar guy just trying to figure this shit out. I will gladly remove myself from this form since I didn't know you had to be an collage grad. And by the way it's not idian is native American you FORDing savage. IM OUT

Wow! Talk about sensitive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ron Dietz said:

Ron, I think you miss understood my reply. Wheels will only lock up if you can generate enough force at each wheel to over come the force that rotates them. That answer takes more than a seat of the pants answer, not being a smart ass it’s just a fact. I was not attacking you or indicating anything about you.
Piston size of the master cylinder, pedal ratio, rotor size, caliper piston size, pad hardness, where the caliper piston placement in relationship to the rotor, etc… are all needed to answer your question! Especially since you indicated they don’t lockup.

if you want to figure out your question we can help you through that and figure it out so you have a actual real answer. Your choice!

• Like 2

What an ass! Don't ask for help if your only going to be rude and disrespectful to the man that took time away from his own life and projects to help YOU figure out YOUR problems! 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 9:37 AM, Ron Dietz said:

Well its been quiet a while since we have had a angry  new-bee, !:rofl:, he spells worse than me TOO !

AND i went to school to eat my lunch and chase girls !:rofl:

• Haha 1