Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Water stains

Go to solution Solved by Viking,

I have some very stubborn water stains on the seat fabric, I have tried the white wine vinegar and bicarb diy method which has has very little effect.

Can anyone recommend a deep stain remover for water marks on fabric. 

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

21 hours ago, Viking said:

I have some very stubborn water stains on the seat fabric, I have tried the white wine vinegar and bicarb diy method which has has very little effect.

Can anyone recommend a deep stain remover for water marks on fabric. 

Terry, i have never been able to get a  water stain out, but why not talk to a company that dry cleans furniture ??.

or ask a upholsterer., maybe the answer is in steam cleaning ???🙄 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Terry, i have never been able to get a  water stain out, but why not talk to a company that dry cleans furniture ??.

or ask a upholsterer., maybe the answer is in steam cleaning ???🙄 

I have had some great results from Oxyclean stolen from the wife's cleaners. 👍 

That’s a tough one! More than likely it’s not a water stain per say, but water that soaked through the upper layer of fabric down into the padding! This action usually releases chemistry within the padding that then is wicked and absorbed into the fabric which then causes a stain! As long as you keep wetting the same area with the fabric in place, it’s the proverbial cat chasing it’s tail! You unfortunately need to remove the fabric at least enough to place a barrier between the fabric and the padding! 
But if the padding is stitched on to the fabric like most seats are than that gets really involved, I.E. remove, unstitch, clean restitch!

If this the case and you really don’t want to go through that headache, and who would?! So do what Kiwi said! Find a good dry cleaner who has the capability to apply cleaning chemistry with vacuum suction removal at the same time, which minimizes contact duration and fluid transfer!

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 2

• Solution

Thanks for the helpful reply’s. 
I think the two suggestions of going to a professional is the route I shall explore.

2 hours ago, Last Indian said:

That’s a tough one! More than likely it’s not a water stain per say, but water that soaked through the upper layer of fabric down into the padding! This action usually releases chemistry within the padding that then is wicked and absorbed into the fabric which then causes a stain! As long as you keep wetting the same area with the fabric in place, it’s the proverbial cat chasing it’s tail! You unfortunately need to remove the fabric at least enough to place a barrier between the fabric and the padding! 
But if the padding is stitched on to the fabric like most seats are than that gets really involved, I.E. remove, unstitch, clean restitch!

If this the case and you really don’t want to go through that headache, and who would?! So do what Kiwi said! Find a good dry cleaner who has the capability to apply cleaning chemistry with vacuum suction removal at the same time, which minimizes contact duration and fluid transfer!

Most carpet cleaners also do furniture and curtains dry chem.