Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Engine harness connector

Anybody been able to find the connector housing for the engine harness without having to buy the whole harness?

Not the bulkhead connector but the one on the engine harness,my harness is OK but the plastic connector broke when taking it off.

I'm working on a 64 Lemans but might be the same on other models?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

On 4/3/2021 at 4:36 PM, 31pontiac said:

You might try Jurassic Classic Auto Parts (jcaparts.com).  I had luck with them finding an ignition switch connector for my 1959 Pontiac .

Thank you, they say full size cars only but so what😄 found some possible ones right away but have to take a closer look , got to get my harness out and compare.

Could even just buy a couple even if I'm not completely sure, only a few bucks each, sure beats a complete harness for over $100

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy H said:

Thank you, they say full size cars only but so what😄 found some possible ones right away but have to take a closer look , got to get my harness out and compare.

Could even just buy a couple even if I'm not completely sure, only a few bucks each, sure beats a complete harness for over $100

The biggest connector i found was 8 terminal and the one on the car is 10, guess i have to keep looking,but they had a bunch of other interesting stuff so thanks.

Here is a picture of the connector, you can see the broken tab on the side.

12.jpg

14.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

ah JustA, they only do new stuff

They do have live chat with a troubleshooter.  Might have both sides of an 8 pole connector and JUSTA replace the entire thing.  It all looked pretty ripe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Could also plug it back together and run a zip tie around it as a temporary fix until you find one. It'll work for the time being.

A zip tie won't work because it's the bulkhead connector , i might see if I it's ok with only one tab, worst case I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy a new harnes ,might try the online chat and send them a picture.

• Like 2