Jump to content
Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Keane165's 1970 LeMans

2022 June
of the Month

  • Welcome!

    Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

8 lug wheels


Ted Feight
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am just starting to think about this, but would like your input. I would like to learn the good, the bad and the ugly about changing over to 8 lug nut wheels on my 66 Catalina. It probably won't be this year, but I would like to do this unless you teach me better.  I have seen the adapters and wheels converted to normal drums, but I am pretty green here. I am open to suggestions and learning.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

27 minutes ago, Ted Feight said:

I am just starting to think about this, but would like your input. I would like to learn the good, the bad and the ugly about changing over to 8 lug nut wheels on my 66 Catalina. It probably won't be this year, but I would like to do this unless you teach me better.  I have seen the adapters and wheels converted to normal drums, but I am pretty green here. I am open to suggestions and learning.

hi Ted, keep an eye on my 64 rebuild thread, shortly i will be pulling my 8 luggers off for refurbishment and i will be taking lots of pictures of the set up... i personally think they are super neat and with their trim on look flash as !:)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

64 kiwi boni

Thank you! I will try and do that.  I am still not great at getting around on this website, but learning.

We just moved and I am setting up the lower garage, called the bunker, for working on the toys.  It should be pretty cool and allow me to keep up.

God bless!

Ted

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

64 kiwi boni

Thank you! I will try and do that.  I am still not great at getting around on this website, but learning.

We just moved and I am setting up the lower garage, called the bunker, for working on the toys.  It should be pretty cool and allow me to keep up.

God bless!

Ted

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frosty,

It is good to hear from you! I have ben wondering how you were doing.

I would love to have you give your friend my information. I have read a few articles and some counter dick each other. 

Also, we made the move and are up on Rainbow Lake now.  I have 2 3 car garages and the lower garage is like a bunker.  The only thing not cement is the doors. It is taking some time to get it set up, but you should come up and see it.  I hope to start working on the Catalina in late February of early March.  I have had all the parts since last year, but with the move all I got done was a new interior in the 67 vette and fixing a very small tear on the drivers seat on the Catalina. I think you would like the place and if you come back in the summer we can go for a boat ride, or jet skis if you perfer.

Thank you for getting back with me!

God bless!

Ted Feight
517 803-9260

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...
On 1/18/2021 at 10:24 AM, Frosty said:

Ted, a member of my POCI chapter, Jim Larson, is a bit of an 8-lug expert. He has a '64 Grand Prix. He's written a few articles about it. He lives in Waterford, MI. I can give you his contact information if you are interested.

frosty, i know this is a old thread but could i have jims details ? i am preparing to do the refurbishment of my 8 lug drums and i need some ideas on what paint and clear coat to buy that will take the heat yet protect the shine of the polished blades !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

frosty, i know this is a old thread but could i have jims details ? i am preparing to do the refurbishment of my 8 lug drums and i need some ideas on what paint and clear coat to buy that will take the heat yet protect the shine of the polished blades !

 Jim Larson is here on FP and you can PM him.  I nominated his car is in this months POTM and he is in round 2 of the calander voting as well. He has a hard time with the site.

https://foreverpontiac.com/profile/4156-jim-larson/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

 Jim Larson is here on FP and you can PM him.  I nominated his car is in this months POTM and he is in round 2 of the calander voting as well. He has a hard time with the site.

https://foreverpontiac.com/profile/4156-jim-larson/

thank you mate :cheers:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/17/2021 at 6:21 PM, Ted Feight said:

Frosty,

It is good to hear from you! I have ben wondering how you were doing.

I would love to have you give your friend my information. I have read a few articles and some counter dick each other. 

Also, we made the move and are up on Rainbow Lake now.  I have 2 3 car garages and the lower garage is like a bunker.  The only thing not cement is the doors. It is taking some time to get it set up, but you should come up and see it.  I hope to start working on the Catalina in late February of early March.  I have had all the parts since last year, but with the move all I got done was a new interior in the 67 vette and fixing a very small tear on the drivers seat on the Catalina. I think you would like the place and if you come back in the summer we can go for a boat ride, or jet skis if you perfer.

Thank you for getting back with me!

God bless!

Ted Feightheatl
517 803-9260

Ted -- good to hear from you. I was in South Carolina last week on vacation. So you moved well away from Lansing past St John's huh? I'd be happy to share whatever information you. I have a new garage myself, I called in the Garage Majal. There is a separate thread on it out here, pictures and all. I'd love to see the place once we get over these doggone health restrictions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.