Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hello Pontiac lovers

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I know Glasgow! I’ve been through it on Route 60 from  Charleston up to the New River Gorge Bridge several times. Its our favorite drive when we have time when we are in town for the Rod Run and Doo Wop!  I’ve been doing the RRDW for 12 of the last 14 years! It’s one of our favorite shows of the year!

Perhaps we can catch up next year, assuming there is a RRDW. It’s a show that DualquadPete and I never miss. I even have stratman hooked on it too.

As a result of the show, I’ve made a ton of friends in the Charleston area. So coming back each year is more about seeing my WV family than a car show for me. Pete and I were sad to learn that we lost DJ Super Duper Charlie Cooper to cancer. 

• Like 2

Now that I think about it, the RRDW Poker Run started out running up Route 60 the bridge. Brown Chevrolet in Montgomery became the poker run sponsor for a couple of years too. I heard they went out of business or sold out.

Now the poker run goes down US-119 to Chapmanville and Thornhill Ford, since they are now the new sponsor. So no more Route 60 runs to the Bridge. Now my wife and I have to make time to run it ourselves. We love stopping at Kanawha Falls, Cathedral Falls, and Hawks Nest along the way. Even the pre-CIvil War cemetery behind the Rite-Aid in Ansted is pretty cool. That's were Stonewall Jackson's mother is buried.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Now that I think about it, the RRDW Poker Run started out running up Route 60 the bridge. Brown Chevrolet in Montgomery became the poker run sponsor for a couple of years too. I heard they went out of business or sold out.

Now the poker run goes down US-119 to Chapmanville and Thornhill Ford, since they are now the new sponsor. So no more Route 60 runs to the Bridge. Now my wife and I have to make time to run it ourselves. We love stopping at Kanawha Falls, Cathedral Falls, and Hawks Nest along the way. Even the pre-CIvil War cemetery behind the Rite-Aid in Ansted is pretty cool. That's were Stonewall Jackson's mother is buried.

Frosty, you should post up some pictures of these places you have been for all us non usa based guys and girls to see where your talking about 👍

• Like 1

image.png.c5dfa1d2dc7e1ebb23b79a29334813ab.png

Now this is cool, wish i had a stream running through my place and i would build a water wheel.... maybe hooked to a power generator,

image.png.b7e3db443ddc73dda867b2d69d2b8b1d.png

these guys are just plain mad:stars:

And, you will never see me doing a bungee, we have a AJ Hacket one here in Taupo, yeah nah, not in a million years sorry, i will never trust underpants elastic to save my life :stars:

• Haha 2

Frosty...... Brown Chevy did sell out to the Moore Auto Group of Logan I believe. But it has since closed down completely. I think Bridge Valley Tech now uses the building for their auto classes. I have been to RRDW many times but have never entered the car. Maybe next year I can do that. This photo is at Babcock a couple of years ago.

IMG_2230.JPG

• Like 2