Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

GP rear shocks

Hey, take a look at the photo. These are the rear shocks out of my 65 GP. Not residing Stateside, I don't know how old these are. In other words, does anyone recognise the brand and are they still around or did they disappear years ago? As an aside, getting the bottom mounting rod nut undone was something that God Himself couldn't have loosened. I eventually resorted to vicegrips on the rod, and a piece of pipe over my ratchet handle and after drenching the rod with penetrant, I undid that sucker one tenth of a turn at a time, not having much room under the car to get any more of a turn. Beer will erase that memory quick smart!

20200924_144009.jpg

• Like 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

16 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Hey, take a look at the photo. These are the rear shocks out of my 65 GP. Not residing Stateside, I don't know how old these are. In other words, does anyone recognise the brand and are they still around or did they disappear years ago? As an aside, getting the bottom mounting rod nut undone was something that God Himself couldn't have loosened. I eventually resorted to vicegrips on the rod, and a piece of pipe over my ratchet handle and after drenching the rod with penetrant, I undid that sucker one tenth of a turn at a time, not having much room under the car to get any more of a turn. Beer will erase that memory quick smart!

20200924_144009.jpg

I believe those are Montgomery Wards brand shocks! Not sure that they still sell much in the way of car parts now, but either way you can do better today! Also they would not have been OEM parts.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Fitzy said:

20200924_144009.jpg

OMG  Montgomery Ward shocks.   Wards have been out of business for 35 years at least in Michigan.  They were my first tool set with sockets, wrenches in both standard and metric.  Still have them and the funny part was/is Sears/Craftman warrantied the tools for life.   

• Like 2

Montgomery Wards is still in business today, but under the name Wards, and I believe only as a catalog/online retailer! 
Consider this JustA for a moment! They are the original internet retailer, if you will, considering not even the telephone existed when they came to be,1872! But guess what the didn’t destroy brick and mortar stores! They made them stronger!

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 1