Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2020 Woodward Dream Cruise Official Actvities Cancelled

Frosty

This notice was posted on the official Woodward Dream Cruise website:  http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

"Notice: Due to public health concerns caused by COVID-19, all community events planned for the 26th Annual Woodward Dream Cruise have been canceled. Stay safe. Be responsible."

Since Woodward is a public highway, it is unlikely to stop people from actually cruising Woodward, but there will no events, parking, and spectators will be discouraged - all in an attempt to try to prevent spread of the virus.

• Sad 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Totally - but not really unexpected given that the Detroit area is "the" state's hotspot for COVID-19.  2020 is shaping up to be the year of no fun.

• Founders
1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Totally - but not really unexpected given that the Detroit area is "the" state's hotspot for COVID-19.  2020 is shaping up to be the year of no fun.

Zero GIF by memecandy

Definitely zero fun. Least not the doing things with others kind of fun.

Let me guess - they want to hold on to your money and book on you on a flight sometime later? No refunds? 

• Founders
53 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Let me guess - they want to hold on to your money and book on you on a flight sometime later? No refunds? 

Pretty much. Two different airlines, one was for work though and I've been re-reimbursed for it by work, they are taking it from there. The other was personal and still fighting it after 2 months but at least have a voucher good till next year.

On 5/28/2020 at 5:05 PM, Frosty said:

I can I get a refund on my 2020 event planner?

I'm not one to stay up to midnight on New Years Eve however I will this year just so I can watch, with MUCH delight, as 2020 is evicted!

• Haha 2

Hold on...... Discussions are under way to possably save the DC in Aug.  Justa saw it on the news and already hangin on the edge of my seat.

• Founders
10 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Hold on...... Discussions are under way to possably save the DC in Aug.  Justa saw it on the news and already hangin on the edge of my seat.

Happy Chris Pratt GIF

I am still going cruising that weekend.  Maybe dinner with some friends.  Really do not need sponsors to enjoy the cruise.

18 hours ago, notallthere said:

I am still going cruising that weekend.  Maybe dinner with some friends.  Really do not need sponsors to enjoy the cruise.

I would agree. Technically speaking, Woodward Avenue is M-1, a state highway. Therefore, nothing can prohibit you from traveling down it. All the rest of the typical festivities we enjoy along with it will be missing (like Frosty bringing Timmy's coffee and a small mountain of Tm bits to the Widetracker's parking area and putting up a tent).

Here is the latest on Woodward. Bottom line - we should know more, one way or another, by early July.

https://wwjnewsradio.radio.com/articles/news/will-there-be-a-2020-woodward-dream-cruise-decision-soon

If stuff is cancelled I was thinking, Cruise Woodward, Lapeer Dragway, and the greasiest burger we can find.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notallthere said:

If stuff is cancelled I was thinking, Cruise Woodward, Lapeer Dragway, and the greasiest burger we can find.

Have NOT heard anything about Back to the Bricks being canceled.

According to their website, expect some sort of announcement on or after June 15th. Right now, it and the "tune up parties" are still a go.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 9:35 AM, JUSTA6 said:

Have NOT heard anything about Back to the Bricks being canceled.

It was just announced today that the Back to the Bricks was cancelled.

image.png.5fb09f343cec6564c6395b890bd6e634.png

image.png.02703d53a56adeb5ce67f65b94259efe.png

image.png.047b821ff81fa4b4a6d8136e964f5566.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

BTW - In case you missed the Hot Rod Power Tour and Drag Week events for 2020 being cancelled - Hot Rod and Dodge officially cancelled Roadkill Nights on Woodward for 2020 too.

https://www.hotrod.com/events/roadkillnights/

"Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge CANCELED FOR 2020

After careful consideration and as a precaution, MotorTrend and Dodge have decided not to move forward with Roadkill Nights this year. We’d like to thank our fans, partners, our team, County and City Officials for their support and understanding. We’re looking forward to the road ahead."

• Sad 1

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.