Skip to content

Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Sign up now! 🏁

31pontiac's '31 Pontiac

Featured Replies

  • Popular Post
22 hours ago, 31pontiac said:

Heat shields on. I also added X-Mat from Eastwood to deaden any resonance or droning the aluminum may have from the exhaust. An edging of 3M Panel Bond was added to keep water from getting between the X-Mat and the aluminum.

IMG_0454.jpeg

IMG_0495.jpeg

Everything looks really good Tim! It's all about the detail!! That's where most folks lose heart over the long haul!

  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 211
  • Views 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 31pontiac
    31pontiac

    We now have a rolling chassis. IMG_9342.mov

  • I didn’t think the battery area would be so complex with battery cables, main power switch and vent tubes. The smaller wires are preliminary and will be cleaned up.     Battery cover was designed so

  • With the manifolds back on the engine, my brother and I spent 4 1/2 hours installing the rest of the exhaust system. It became a lot more challenging than either of us anticipated, but we finally got

Posted Images

  • Author
  • Popular Post

A little detail I wanted was the “E-Z-Eye” glass bug used on GM (and maybe other) cars of the ‘50s and early ‘60s with tinted glass. After a long unproductive search online for the stencil, my brother knew someone who said he’d try to make them. He only cuts them, I must apply the vinyl stickers to the glass, use an X-acto knife to remove the letters and then apply Armor-Etch to etch the glass. First picture is from my ‘59 Bonneville.

Most people probably won’t notice it or care, but I do. 😉

IMG_7735.jpeg

IMG_0729.jpeg

IMG_0716.jpeg

IMG_0835.jpeg

IMG_0836.jpeg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

  • Popular Post

Like the idea, you brought back memories from mid 70's. P Wouldn't think of making the glass logo. Nice

  • Popular Post
15 hours ago, 31pontiac said:

A little detail I wanted was the “E-Z-Eye” glass bug used on GM (and maybe other) cars of the ‘50s and early ‘60s with tinted glass. After a long unproductive search online for the stencil, my brother knew someone who said he’d try to make them. He only cuts them, I must apply the vinyl stickers to the glass, use an X-acto knife to remove the letters and then apply Armor-Etch to etch the glass. First picture is from my ‘59 Bonneville.

Most people probably won’t notice it or care, but I do. 😉

IMG_7735.jpeg

IMG_0729.jpeg

IMG_0716.jpeg

IMG_0835.jpeg

IMG_0836.jpeg

I refer to my previous post! DETAIL!! Oh the memories!

  • 5 months later...
  • Author
  • Popular Post

After the final bodywork was completed and 1 final coat of epoxy primer, everything was sanded and sprayed with 3 coats of 2K urethane primer. Then more sanding 😬. Still have doors and hood to sand, but the body was sanded, masked, and ready for the first color, Wimbledon White on the firewall.

IMG_1593.jpeg

IMG_1592.jpeg

IMG_1614.jpeg

IMG_1615.jpeg

IMG_1671.jpeg

IMG_1680.jpeg

IMG_1684.jpeg

IMG_1826.jpeg

IMG_1836.jpeg

  • Popular Post

Looks good 31pontiac! Progress Is progress!

  • Popular Post

It’s going to be KILLER!! We are all going to enjoy the show!pop_corn

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

My brother and I spent most of Tuesday finally spraying some color. Planning on painting the body tomorrow. Here’s a few pics.

IMG_1954.jpeg

IMG_1955.jpeg

IMG_1957.jpeg

IMG_1965.jpeg

IMG_1966.jpeg

IMG_1964.jpeg

IMG_1960.jpeg

IMG_1967.jpeg

wow Tim ! your using one of those blow up spray booths !!! please tell us how you feel about it !!! i have looked at buying one , but cant find any thing big enough for the 63 !

  • Popular Post
9 hours ago, 31pontiac said:

My brother and I spent most of Tuesday finally spraying some color. Planning on painting the body tomorrow. Here’s a few pics.

IMG_1954.jpeg

IMG_1955.jpeg

IMG_1957.jpeg

IMG_1965.jpeg

IMG_1966.jpeg

IMG_1964.jpeg

IMG_1960.jpeg

IMG_1967.jpeg

Looks like candy, that's when ya know your doing it right!!!!! MMMMMM

  • Author

https://www.vevor.com/inflatable-paint-booth-c_10313/vevor-39-4x16-4x13-1ft-inflatable-spray-booth-custom-tent-paint-booth-inflatable-p_010369467605

Check this one out Kiwi. Mine is considerably smaller, 23L x 13W x 8.5H. Has a 4 foot separate room at one end. Interior work space is 19L x 10.5W x 7.5H.

Certainly not commercial grade, but for hobbyist use it works. I needed one to fit in my building with low ceiling height. Can be used outside, but not in rain. I couldn’t use it outside where I live, it’s usually too windy. Filters seem to work well, I carefully sweep them and blow them out after each use, as they are kind of cheap and fragile. They are replaceable, but I have yet to find a source.

It comes with 2 blowers, 1 to inflate and 1 to pressurize the booth. Those worked for me, but I have read online that some have bought stronger ones for more pressure in the booth to help evacuate overspray better.

I also bought a cheap outdoor canopy and used the frame inside the booth just in case of a power outage.

6 hours ago, 31pontiac said:

https://www.vevor.com/inflatable-paint-booth-c_10313/vevor-39-4x16-4x13-1ft-inflatable-spray-booth-custom-tent-paint-booth-inflatable-p_010369467605

Check this one out Kiwi. Mine is considerably smaller, 23L x 13W x 8.5H. Has a 4 foot separate room at one end. Interior work space is 19L x 10.5W x 7.5H.

Certainly not commercial grade, but for hobbyist use it works. I needed one to fit in my building with low ceiling height. Can be used outside, but not in rain. I couldn’t use it outside where I live, it’s usually too windy. Filters seem to work well, I carefully sweep them and blow them out after each use, as they are kind of cheap and fragile. They are replaceable, but I have yet to find a source.

It comes with 2 blowers, 1 to inflate and 1 to pressurize the booth. Those worked for me, but I have read online that some have bought stronger ones for more pressure in the booth to help evacuate overspray better.

I also bought a cheap outdoor canopy and used the frame inside the booth just in case of a power outage.

Thats what i should get to paint the wagon !!! cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.