Jump to content
Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Lucky's 1974 Firebird

2022 January
of the Month

  • Welcome!

    Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Daytona Turkey run.


JUSTA6
 Share

Recommended Posts

The 43rd annual 2016 Turkey run is in the books.  A road trip to FLA for Thanksgiving and my granddaughters wedding turned into a mini road trip with my son to Daytona.  Not to disappoint, the infield of the track was turned into the largest swap meet/car show I've ever attended.  The new hip replacement was NOT happy with that kinda walkin.  We never made it to the largest part of the carshow.  Was able to find some trinkets for the GTO, Sunbird.  Beautiful day and the people watching alone kept us laughing all day.  Here's a taste of some of the cars for sale in the swap meet.

 

2016 11-24 Datona show 003.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 018.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 019.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 005.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 030.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 041.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 026.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 033.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 038.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 025.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 002.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 034.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Here is my sons Impala and the Shelby project he's been building for his best friend for the last 4yrs.  Finishing the hood and it can finally go home!  Can't begin to list the custom mods and details involved with the Shelby.  Never got around to pulling out his racecar for pic's.

2016 11-24 Datona show 069.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 074.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 049.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 062.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 051.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 058.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dammit Steve, On one hand I am glad you came down and had a good time but on the other hand I'm a wee bit perturbed that you didn't give me a heads up that you were this close to Tampa and didn't give me a heads up! I had plans of attending the Rod Run this year but backed out at the last minute. I would have immediately changed those plans because its THAT important to me that you and I meet face to face one day, a hardy handshake, and share stories over a frosty beverage. You might just have to be on my Xmas sh*tlist for a few seconds for this sir!

Beautiful cars by the way, Glad your son has your taste in fine autos. Yes, still mad!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And to top it off with just a TEASER shot of a '67 Sprint :mellow: I feel so slighted ;)                                                                                                                                                      Glad you had a good time, it is indeed an event that all should do at least once.                                                                                                                                             Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Founders

Nice, pics looks like it was a blast! Your son's Impala is amazing, great work. What are the plans for it?

Next time you're down south let me know as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, 360Rocket said:

Dammit Steve, On one hand I am glad you came down and had a good time but on the other hand I'm a wee bit perturbed that you didn't give me a heads up that you were this close to Tampa and didn't give me a heads up! I had plans of attending the Rod Run this year but backed out at the last minute. I would have immediately changed those plans because its THAT important to me that you and I meet face to face one day, a hardy handshake, and share stories over a frosty beverage. You might just have to be on my Xmas sh*tlist for a few seconds for this sir!

Beautiful cars by the way, Glad your son has your taste in fine autos. Yes, still mad!

I'm not sure if it was here or on CRO, but I did ask you if you were doing any shows last weekend, and was a lil bummed myself there was no reply.  But with the holiday weekend and all the set up/take down for the wedding, we had very LIL spare time. I was glad we had Friday AM to get over to Daytona.  Headed home Sunday with a few planned stops.  We did the Biltmore in NC that was amazing.  Didn't think I'd like it.   Almost got caught in the fire mess.  Smoke was extremely thick on 40 working our was back to 75 North.  We were down to a crawl.  Think we hit Kentucky when they started evacuating Gatlinburg??? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SPRINT 6 said:

And to top it off with just a TEASER shot of a '67 Sprint :mellow: I feel so slighted ;)                                                                                                                                                      Glad you had a good time, it is indeed an event that all should do at least once.                                                                                                                                             Cheers

I was thinkin of you when I saw the 6.  Was workin my way through his Pontiac parts to get a shot when I found the elusive Fisher body 2in chrome seatbelts I've been looking for, for the last 10yrs.  He had a complete car set, was asking $450.00. Wouldn't break em up.  Can't blame him. I did find the same belts with the GM logo instead and talked this other guy out of 3 of them to complete my backseat for $50.  I've used the black plastic in the back for all these years. I'm still very happy. Don't think anyone would ever notice the different button.

2016 11-24 Datona show 004.jpg

2016 11-24 Datona show 006.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Nice, pics looks like it was a blast! Your son's Impala is amazing, great work. What are the plans for it?

Next time you're down south let me know as well.

He just fixed a hole in the bottom of the front fender.  Welded in new metal and ended up painting the entire car 2 weeks ago.  Things an awesome cruiser, he added an AC kit to the Red interior to finish the creature comforts.  I wanted a white interior and almost had a complete set, but swapped it for a complete black set to match my headliner in the GTO.  He blames me for his addiction to red, black, white.  True DAT.  360....have the same problems getting the family rides together in 1 place.  He and the owner of the Shelby want to make the Dream Cruise someday.

2016 11-24 Datona show 070.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

I'm not sure if it was here or on CRO, but I did ask you if you were doing any shows last weekend, and was a lil bummed myself there was no reply.  But with the holiday weekend and all the set up/take down for the wedding, we had very LIL spare time. I was glad we had Friday AM to get over to Daytona.  Headed home Sunday with a few planned stops.  We did the Biltmore in NC that was amazing.  Didn't think I'd like it.   Almost got caught in the fire mess.  Smoke was extremely thick on 40 working our was back to 75 North.  We were down to a crawl.  Think we hit Kentucky when they started evacuating Gatlinburg??? 

Nah, last message I got from you was here on July 5th. Nothing that I saw on CRO. Even if it was only 15 minutes I would have made the trip to meet up brother. Glad you got to see the Biltmore House. Its my wifes favorite and I think she has dragged me there more than the Vanderbuilts were there, ha ha. I lived in Hendersonville back in the 90's and loved the weather and scenery. Glad you got back home safe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 360Rocket said:

Nah, last message I got from you was here on July 5th. Nothing that I saw on CRO. Even if it was only 15 minutes I would have made the trip to meet up brother. Glad you got to see the Biltmore House. Its my wifes favorite and I think she has dragged me there more than the Vanderbuilts were there, ha ha. I lived in Hendersonville back in the 90's and loved the weather and scenery. Glad you got back home safe.

Biltmore All decked out for Christmas,  Simply beautiful. My fav room was the library.  Looked through everything here and CRO.  Have no idea where I posted. Even looked through sent mail thinkin I Emailed you. Might have been a quote on a thread???  Sorry...shoulda JUSTA called you.  My son mentioned he hoped we would have time to hit the biggest swap meet in Fla the weekend before. That's why I was wondering if you were doing any shows.  Had no idea it was at Daytona.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, 360Rocket said:

Dammit Steve, On one hand I am glad you came down and had a good time but on the other hand I'm a wee bit perturbed that you didn't give me a heads up that you were this close to Tampa and didn't give me a heads up! I had plans of attending the Rod Run this year but backed out at the last minute. I would have immediately changed those plans because its THAT important to me that you and I meet face to face one day, a hardy handshake, and share stories over a frosty beverage. You might just have to be on my Xmas sh*tlist for a few seconds for this sir!

Beautiful cars by the way, Glad your son has your taste in fine autos. Yes, still mad!

Dammit JUSTA, I wish like Hell you would have told me you were going down to the Turkey Run too. I would have given you a parts list and cash.

I especially would have loved to have that GMC Twin-Six V12 702 engine in particular. Only V-12 I know that actually could pull a Minuteman Missile. Let's see a damn Ferrari or Lambo V-12 do that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Frosty said:

Dammit JUSTA, I wish like Hell you would have told me you were going down to the Turkey Run too. I would have given you a parts list and cash.

I especially would have loved to have that GMC Twin-Six V12 702 engine in particular. Only V-12 I know that actually could pull a Minuteman Missile. Let's see a damn Ferrari or Lambo V-12 do that!

I was soooo amazed at that thing in an ambulance.  Here's another inline wonder.  It was a crapshoot if we even had the time to go to the show.  Glad to squeeze in some time with my son.

2016 11-24 Datona show 046.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sweet Mother of Gawd. A Buick Fireball straight-8 with 4 Strombergs. I am impressed. I'll bet that intake manifold is a work of art.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.