Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

G8 or GTO?

17 members have voted

Please sign in/register to vote or see results of poll. Votes will be made public once the poll closes.

OK, I know, I know. Y'all want me to get a G8 and I want one too. I want to get rid of the G6... NOW.

If I can get a good deal on a GTO should I go for it or wait months (my guess) for a G8?

I'm at a crossroads right now and I'm not sure what to do...

ANy feedback welcome! :(

BTW, keep this in mind IT WILL BE AUTO!!!! lol, I can't drive stick.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not this again! :(

... I can't drive stick.

what? seriously??? :P you suck. :rofl::P jk. i cant either. :(

cant find em grind em!

lol i dont know how people cant drive stick... my torrent is pretty much my first auto car

but do the G8

a guy i worked with had a GTO imported here and there was no fun in that car.. we also had a guy at auto x who ran one.. it was terrible.. G8 all the way!

• Founders

For a daily driver in Cali, I don't blame you to not want a stick but not knowing how to drive one is not an EXCUSE!!!!!!! :(

I'd say wait it out for a G8, I can tell you want that car and if you just settle for a GTO your gonna say I should have went with the G8. :P

Well, my thinking was get a GTO till G8's are cheaper.

Remember, my main reason for giving up the GTO I had before was because the Fiance was (maybe) pregnant.

Well, now she's not and I talked with her and she thought it was an ok idea to get a coupe till we have kids (not planned for about 5 years or more).

well, you know i jus had to say something. :( and i say either way, because youre still getting a V8. and if you get a GTO first, then you are enjoying that then trade and enjoy another.

well, you know i jus had to say something. :P and i say either way, because youre still getting a V8. and if you get a GTO first, then you are enjoying that then trade and enjoy another.

I like your response Ghost thank you. :( Get on chat...

Four doors dude.

You have a four door now, keep it that way.

It sucks packing 6 deep into a two door, i know.

And with that four door you still got a lot of giddy up. As well as a good aftermarket for it.

my honest opinion and only reasoning behind thinking this is. get the g8 if you cant drive a stick. period. yeah the goat is awesome and affordable. but meant to be a standard sports car type thing. if you have to get an auto. get the g8.

Well...

G8 GT's are automatic only.

The LS2 GTOs are just no fun mated with a slushbox.

Can't work a clutch, Mark? I'm surprised. Better late than never! I taught myself, and quite frankly, it's not that hard, in fact...it's fun! You'll jump back in an auto car, and you'll have to find ways to keep yourself from falling asleep. :P

Unless you learn stick get an LS2 GTO with auto, slightly better than the G8 GT but behind the G8 GXP If you can find a G8 get the GXP, auto or manual. Either way, it's a good American pushrod with some Aussie mechanicals. Handling with pure, raw torque. Kinda makes you hard, doesn't it?

' date='May 22 2010, 10:53 AM' post='26393']

^ No homo...

But I just came.

I'm straighter than a grizzly's dick. But you, however, admittedly "came" in response to a thread by myself (a manly man). Therefore, your deeply buried emotions of faggotry have been uncovered and you've successfully outed yourself. Don't worry, I wont say anything. Your secret is safe with me. :P

Get a GOAT... You can always upgrade to a G8 later on... and wow, you can't drive stick shift? LOSER!!!! Jk :P

' date='May 22 2010, 03:32 PM' post='26402']

Only on Tuesday. 14kh4it.gif

Then Wednesday through Monday -> Gaydar.jpg