Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

More of a restoration modification

So my latest project is as the last one a smaller project to keep me engaged until this blazing heat goes away. When I purchased this car and it arrived at my garage, The Brake booster and the master cylinder were painted in Pontiac metallic engine blue. Within 5 minutes of ownership it bugged me enough to go grab a rattle can of a platinum zinc textured paint and quickly make the engine blue go away quickly and temporarily. So flash to this week when I was able to find a semi gloss gold Plasti-Dip that was a close Cadmium gold color and then a can of cast iron gray and I proceeded to mask off, paper off, paint and even use some fine art brushes to detail that whole back corner of the engine compartment that the Booster resides. Its not perfect, Its not cadmium plated but I just cant spend the money right now replacing parts that work perfectly well just because they aren't in the as factory designed finishes.

So now between the Master cylinder/booster detailed,and the air cleaner lid project completed I finally feel comfortable posting and sharing some motor Photos of my GTO. There's still a ways to go but this is at least an acceptable jumping off point for me. Enjoy.

engine%203_zpst6me4jb8.jpg

engine%202_zpsw7ncpq92.jpg

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Rocket just for future reference Eastwood has a rattle can Cadmiuim paint system that looks real close to plating. Of course since its paint, brake fluid will ruin it.

Awesome job BTW.

• Like 1

Its funny Frosty because I just found that out after the fact. It was a bit confusing because they had different tints as well. Not sure which one I needed. I could always use the right stuff once I found out more about that product.

Justa, I brought you in purposely to that text so you could see my car as well as the GP. The guy with the GP was the guy who built the GTO's in the John Travolta "Punisher" movie. He does some amazing work and restorations. My other friend Steve on there just ripped out the entire front suspension on his 69 GTO, the light blue one you have seen in pics from me before. You will always be invited to the POntiac paparty.

Edited by 360Rocket