Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ringo's 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS

Ringo64

• Founders

Whelp went out this morning just to look at Camaro's and see if I could get talkin with a Sales guy on numbers. Anywho after a test drive, I gave him all my discounts and well I got the numbers plus lower than what I wanted so......... I bought it!! :D

One thing I wasn't too fond of is yes, its an automatic BUT my Dad over the past 3 weeks mega talked me out of the manual. With the idiots in this town plus some other factors I decided I'm happy with an auto. I am more than ecstatic with it and think it was a great purchase!!

Anyway on to the fun stuff :) All the options and pictures :)

What it has:

Sunroof

Heads Up Display

Leather seats w/ premium stitching

Paddle shifters

plus the 2SS package

Pictures:

post-1-0-82537300-1331415272_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-95880300-1331415443_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-94569300-1331415555_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-40678000-1331416103_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-67820400-1331416117_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-69752700-1331416135_thumb.jpg

The 6er isn't happy about giving up her spot in the garage lol

Video:

[media]http://youtu.be/Z-w9dPaKKRs

You have no idea how big the smile is on my face when I'm driving this car :D

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Holy shit. Somebody has money all of a sudden. :lol:

No manual? What could your pops could have possibly said to you to make a manual unappealing? I've had both of my parents "warn" me about getting a car with a manual trans, and I promptly laughed accordingly.

Looks good :)

No manual though? Hey, if it helped you in making the deal why not. Plus paddles are the next closest thing to a manual.

LOL! I love how you said, alright I hope you guys like looking at the sky :P Car sounds really good.

• Founders

Eh, it was a lot about how my dad knows me because I'm a lot like he was, he didn't want me flooring it all over the place which we both do in a manual. Plus some other factors like if I ever decide to sell the 6, the Camaro will be the DD and should that happen I don't want to be shifting every 3 seconds through all the daily traffic I have to deal with. The decision was more in favor of my future, being I got a great deal on this plus what may happen.

Whatevs though I'm happy regardless!

Indeed, I live in a small community and most of my driving in my DD is highway so my manual works for me lol!

Car still looks good though!

Ohh that familiar rumble of a Chevy V8. <3

And bah on the manual. Lock-up torque converter will suffice!

I also saw that you wanted bowtie over lays. Why? I like the touch of gold it adds.

• Founders

Ohh that familiar rumble of a Chevy V8. <3

And bah on the manual. Lock-up torque converter will suffice!

I also saw that you wanted bowtie over lays. Why? I like the touch of gold it adds.

Why I'm doing overlays, I like them but should I ever decide I don't they're only vinyl and come off without scum so all is good

congrats!!!! and im so jelly!

Overlays for sure & the heritage grill and I would put the hood stripes on her too.

oh so you have moneyz for a car but not to pay the Staff!?! <_<

:lol: jk. looks great. i wanted to test drive the dealers only (2011) Camaro convertible 2SS. but they wouldnt allow it due to it being in the showroom.

Why I'm doing overlays, I like them but should I ever decide I don't they're only vinyl and come off without scum so all is good

Sounds good to me! :cheers:

• Founders

thats not a pontiac O_o

This is correct lol. I was thinking about getting a vanity plate with 'PONTIAC' written on it but I checked last night and it was taken :( Still probably gonna throw up an FP sticker on it to advertise the site though :D

• Founders

I drive lots of random cars on a daliy basis but I actually drove a 2012 Camaro 2SS 6spd vert today.

Nice yeah I was able to drive one of those 3 weeks ago. They're nice but I felt enclosed in it with the top up compared to the Coupe.

• Founders

Almost killed someone yesterday... Was driving the Camaro around doing errands and met with a freelance web client of mine when I must have ran over some fresh gum on the road. Then apparently while driving it went along my rear quarter panel from the drivers wheel well to the exhaust. Noticed it after I came out of my last errand and raced home. Got it off with some Goo Gone with no remaining residue but man that got me pissed! If I ever find the lazy-ass who dropped his gum in the road instead of a trash can I'm gonna give him a beating he won't forget.