Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Can I nominate my GP for POTM?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

A bit about the car. It's a survivor 59000 mile car that I bought in July, and I drove it the next day to Norwalk Ohio, summit Race Park. I drove it 6,000 miles and 60 days this past summer. All I did too it was change the oil and balance the tires, but it still has a bad shake. It has 4 brand new Monroe shocks, they're total leaking useless junk, doesn't burn a drop of oil, is totally original, except for some common replacement parts, & a faded poor, very old paint job and some poor quality bodywork. But 99.5% rust free, including the undercarriage and most of the frame.

The car was ordered with a lot of options, and somebody before the 30 years storage put in the factory gauges,  tach and tilt, but it had power seat, windows AC and deluxe hubcaps, 8 luggers were put  on by some Pontiac fan. I have some of the paperwork, but haven't tried to make contact. It was purchased new  by  the owner of a printing company, and it grew up in Trenton New Jersey, but obviously never saw a winter day. I have an early tri power for it, but the carb works so well, who ever repaired it before I bought it did really good work, - but probably tossed a lot of the original factory date coded parts. If I had my druthers, and my dream shop, that I hope to build one day, I would make a 65 Grand Prix convertible, to remind me of the 1965 Parisienne my father bought brand new. And next on the list is a '65 Parisienne convertible, with a 409 5 speed and disc brakes, because the Canadian Pontiacs are basically Chevys in disguise, so the drivetrain and associated parts are all Chevy, so the 8 lugs won't fit, I know I tried 35 years ago on a 67 Parisienne  2 + 2 convertible. And I still have those 8 luggers

• Like 1

Welcome to Forever Pontiac from a Canadian Pontiac Grand Prix fan.My GP is my 12th GM motor vehicle; many new and some used, but I think that your latest find is a keeper.Congrats. 

It could use a paint, but then the chrome would look bad, so this is the way it will stay. I'd rather buy another car then spend endless cash on sketchy body guys. I did a 64 Corvair from California,  and 4 body shops later  and I'm in the car for 16k, the paint turned out so-so, no chrome is done nor any interior, I put the wrong color top on, and my ex wants me to finish it for her 

20150902_182740.jpg

20150902_182939.jpg

20150902_182835.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Founders
25 minutes ago, CORVAIRWILD said:

Can I attach more pix? It says I'm over my limit lol

Sorry, you are currently over your attachment quota and will need to delete attachments if you wish to upload further by going to My Attachments. Once you reach 10 total posts you'll be upgraded to the next member group level where you'll be able to upload more. Alternatively, if you'd rather have unlimited space you can purchase our Enhanced Membership