Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My 08 dodge Challenger / Superbird

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Wow! He does exist! He spends so much time remodeling these days he has no time for cars!!!

Makes me wonder if the Challenger is going to be ready to come to Michigan in 3 weeks and do that Cars and Cones thang!!!! :lol2:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have taken time away from the house and concentrating on the beast. I ordered new tires just hope that they get here in time.😰 Been going over the car tweaking thangs. Just gotta do some shake down runs and may even do an autocross this weekend to shake thangs down more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Guitarsextreme said:

Well, I have taken time away from the house and concentrating on the beast. I ordered new tires just hope that they get here in time.😰 Been going over the car tweaking thangs. Just gotta do some shake down runs and may even do an autocross this weekend to shake thangs down more.

You were permitted by the little woman to go play with the Challenger? Be still my beating heart !

Or are you starting to get into a mad thrash since Cars and Cones is less than 2 weeks away? :driving:

I still can't believe you are coming to Michigan! :picard:

• 2 weeks later...

Well GE did indeed show here in Brighton Michigan on Saturday. Seems he and Sam left North Carolalacky around 3 am to get here by 3 pm on Saturday. The notallthees could not join us, and JUSTA6 was last seen trying to stuff a Cadillac motor into a Cadillac and not having a lot of success in the process when I last talked to him. So it was up to Indmyman Joe and I to hold down the Michigan FP contingency. The little woman is GE"s finance Sam (Samantha).

Sam, GE, and Indyman Joe - Joe and I brought out our cars to meet GE. I dropped the top and brought Sam and GE to dinner.

IMG_1286.thumb.jpg.ba7ce110011db7a3faa90940b52d54f8.jpg

Joe, GE, and me.

IMG_1294.thumb.jpg.06cc4fbffe80d1194bd80413dd501817.jpg

We had dinner a wonderful Italian place that Joe recommended. Food is made from scratch and it was close to their hotel.

Of course I took pictures of the Deer Slayer. Joe got to hear the story of the Deer Slayer from GE - how Richard Petty (yes - that Richard Petty) named it that.

IMG_1297.thumb.JPG.6e185d91de712f048a6893d7fc82a598.JPG

IMG_1299.thumb.JPG.dfde525caba473786dfb2c36bc5d114c.JPG

IMG_1300.thumb.JPG.08bb2c2919460c97b6c0b50f3fa31823.JPG

IMG_1301.thumb.JPG.d460237bd5eb2d8b7a3fa1969c1bdd44.JPG

IMG_1304.thumb.JPG.d70d38daee0fda3de8a25a5b156f40aa.JPG

IMG_1305.thumb.JPG.1bf2f36e38e5c2f9e3d420fefd887f75.JPG

This is soooo typical GE!!!!

IMG_1307.thumb.JPG.df7922ee7e7c0d511da2cf40a0fcaa2f.JPG

Dash is autographed by both Richard Petty and Ray Everham!

IMG_1308.thumb.JPG.14f5e82b5d0af18af4a056ec05d95460.JPG

...and the famous "kill stickers". GE tells me that he has to add a few more.....2 more deer, a coyote, and I think he said a possum. :picard:

IMG_1309.thumb.JPG.816104d4f5c0e75d5d8ffb12980b2123.JPG

• Founders

Good to see Wild E made it out to see Road Runner and Bugs. Sounded like a good time!

Man, those kill stickers just keep piling up!

Tell me about it. I told GE that the coyote kill sticker needs to be Wile E.

After dinner, we were chit chatting in the parking lot of the hotel when their fellow race competitors/friends from North Dakota (the Nordensroms) showed up. Seems that last year they had killer Texas-sized cinnamon buns that Sam could not get enough and she was wishing they had brought some with them this year (alas Sam was disappointed). However these folks run a relatively stock Dodge Magnum. It basically has a RideTech suspension and Brembo brakes under it, but the drivetrain is pretty untouched - compared to GE's 528 supercharged beast.

I like these folks spirit too.....they affectionately refer to this car as the "Grocery Getter" - for obvious reasons. This was her daily drivers for several years. Now it only does autocross duty.

IMG_1313.thumb.JPG.be0c268565b42b185c370bbf5160daf6.JPG

IMG_1311.thumb.JPG.e772f48db4c8f5040b9deef21f57b2ed.JPG

IMG_1312.thumb.JPG.f3604771097d22cc28d0bef3ac00c4ff.JPG

This is the Nordenstrom's 4th year doing the FM3 Cars and Cones event. They just love it. Something everyone else might want to consider.

Today the formal events kick off with a tour of the Ken Lingenfelter collection. Indyman Joe and I toured this earlier this spring. So check out that thread for pictures.

Here is the sound of GE's 528 Hemi engine idling.....

• Like 2

I talked to GE last night. He wanted to come up and visit and I suggested that the weather was bad (it was for awhile). Anyways, he and Sam had a really busy day. First up they went to the Henry Ford Museum. They checked out the Presidential Limo collection, the chair Abe Lincoln was assassinated in, the train collection, the steam engines, but they did not have time to check out the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile!!!! They didn't get through the whole museum or any of Greenfield Village before they had to leave for their next destination...

The Jack Roush collection in Livonia. They saw many of Jack's cars and trucks. NASCAR, road racing, and one offs. Sam loved the trucks especially.

Finally, they were on their way to Ken Lingenfelter's place in Brighton, not far from their hotel, for dinner. They got to see the exotics, the wild collection of Corvettes, and then GE went around on the domestics saying "had that", "had that", "sold that". GE loved the Auburn boat tail speedster though. He got to chat with Ken a few times too. Got Ken's autograph on a poster too. Sounds like dinner was a success.

Now, it's not even 9:00 am as I write this. I get a text message from GE already..."Took out a Michigan raccoon". :picard:

So I have to ask if the kill sticker for this sucker is going to be different because its an out-of-state critter? Did he notice any difference between Michigan and North Carolacky raccoons?:stars:

GE and Sam are on their way to South Bend Indiana and Tire Rack to autocross today. Lord only knows what he'll hit next.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

• Founders

What a jam packed schedule but man, that sounds like fun and a great experience!

GE is going to have to get one of those Travel Maps soon to cross off the states he's created road kill in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well GE's trials and tribulations continue. He called me last night. He said the tour of Lane Automotive in Waterviolet Michigan was awesome. They have everything you want if you want to go racing. Sprint car frames, dragster frames, etc. He figures they gave him $60 worth of swag alone.

However, things didn't go so well at Grissom AFB in Peru Indiana. During his third autocross lap, his right front tire didn't sound right. Seems the bushings of the right front lower control arm were shot. He had to drive to nearby Kokomo Indiana to get a new control arm for a local Dodge dealership. Unlike the Hot Rod Power Tour, there is no tech support on this trip, so GE had to fix the car himself with his own tools and jack(s).

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...