Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

F-body caliper upgrade: the pad and rotor selection...

Alright, running into an issue here.

I have Baer Decela rotors, and I sourced them from my job, Autozone. But recently, they discontinued them. (ARGBLARG) and I was wondering, should I go out of my way for D/S rotors for the swap? Or stick with normal rotors?

Also, pad compound.

I'm not happy with my ceramics. Should I switch to semi-metallic, or carbon metallic pad compound?

Opinionz plz.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

' date='Feb 7 2010, 04:25 PM' post='9415']

Alright, running into an issue here.

I have Baer Decela rotors, and I sourced them from my job, Autozone. But recently, they discontinued them. (ARGBLARG) and I was wondering, should I go out of my way for D/S rotors for the swap? Or stick with normal rotors?

Also, pad compound.

I'm not happy with my ceramics. Should I switch to semi-metallic, or carbon metallic pad compound?

Opinionz plz.

I have always had good luck out of semi-metallic, got good wear pattern, lasted a pretty good while and that's not to mention the stopping ability. Napa has there new line out that has copper in bedded into the pad. I just installed a new set on my father-in-laws car and he said they work great and much better compared (advance auto brand).

As for the rotors I would go as far as shopping around online, but as long as your not doing any high-end drag racing or the obvious road coarse...lol..the normals should do just fine, otherwise your going to run in to money and a lot of work, but that's my opinion

I have always had good luck out of semi-metallic, got good wear pattern, lasted a pretty good while and that's not to mention the stopping ability. Napa has there new line out that has copper in bedded into the pad. I just installed a new set on my father-in-laws car and he said they work great and much better compared (advance auto brand).

As for the rotors I would go as far as shopping around online, but as long as your not doing any high-end drag racing or the obvious road coarse...lol..the normals should do just fine, otherwise your going to run in to money and a lot of work, but that's my opinion

:lol2: I'd do a search for rotors online as well, as I am never happy with OEM, and want a little extra :D

• 1 month later...

Don't spend extra $ where it's not needed, drilled/slotted rotors are worthless. I have semi metallic pads and regular ass rotors, fucker stops on a dime. I want to try out Performance Friction pads/rotors, I was talking to their rep at a training seminar and from what he saying, they seem like the best bang for the buck. We'll see though.

Don't spend extra $ where it's not needed, drilled/slotted rotors are worthless. I have semi metallic pads and regular ass rotors, fucker stops on a dime. I want to try out Performance Friction pads/rotors, I was talking to their rep at a training seminar and from what he saying, they seem like the best bang for the buck. We'll see though.

It wasn't that much more for the Baer's I had. Before they dropped them, I could have bought them for $68 for a pair of fronts. But, my cheap source is gone, and I might just go back to standard rotors. Problem is, I have the Baer's out back too. Mis-matched shit will drive me insane, and just look like ass.

' date='Mar 20 2010, 09:10 AM' post='18060']

It wasn't that much more for the Baer's I had. Before they dropped them, I could have bought them for $68 for a pair of fronts. But, my cheap source is gone, and I might just go back to standard rotors. Problem is, I have the Baer's out back too. Mis-matched shit will drive me insane, and just look like ass.

Yea lol, I still have old pads on my old rotors in back, I'm lazy lol.