Jump to content
Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

brandyv73's 1968 Firebird

2019 June
of the Month

  • 0
ofbsac

wiper motor

Question

My 62 grand prix's wiper motor works only when it feels like it. I turn it on and sometimes after driving for a while it will start to work. Switch works well on both speeds.

I have power to the motor and the ground is good.

ANY IDEAS?

Otherwise, I need another motor. Where can I get one ?

Lot's of rain x now.

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
14 minutes ago, ofbsac said:

My 62 grand prix's wiper motor works only when it feels like it. I turn it on and sometimes after driving for a while it will start to work. Switch works well on both speeds.

I have power to the motor and the ground is good.

ANY IDEAS?

Otherwise, I need another motor. Where can I get one ?

Lot's of rain x now.

thanks

Most likely the motor is just tired from age and weather, not uncommon for what you described. You can get a good replacement from NAPA. Unless you are looking for something more with relevance to absolute concourse condition.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

  • 0

I see replacement motors listed under Advanced Auto Parts as well. So you have options. You just need to call around a bit. You may have to special order the part if you local shop doesn't stock it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I have tried napa and advanced auto and they don't have a motor. I'v tried ames and franks and they don't have a motor

I just found S & N  electric here in sacramento that will rebuild mine for $120.

thanks

ted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
22 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Most likely the motor is just tired from age and weather, not uncommon for what you described. You can get a good replacement from NAPA. Unless you are looking for something more with relevance to absolute concourse condition.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 hours ago, ofbsac said:

I have tried napa and advanced auto and they don't have a motor. I'v tried ames and franks and they don't have a motor

I just found S & N  electric here in sacramento that will rebuild mine for $120.

thanks

ted

Well, you could try these guys!

http://www.phillipsmusclecarparts.com/rebuilt-wiper-motors.html

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@ofbsac was there anything we can help you with, your reply was blank?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I have tried Napa, Advanced auto, Franks, Ames

, and lots of other sites.

thanks, I don't know why it was blank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.