Jump to content
Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

4 bucket 67's 1967 GTO

2023 December
of the Month

Recommended Posts

My 62 grand prix's wiper motor works only when it feels like it. I turn it on and sometimes after driving for a while it will start to work. Switch works well on both speeds.

I have power to the motor and the ground is good.

ANY IDEAS?

Otherwise, I need another motor. Where can I get one ?

Lot's of rain x now.

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

14 minutes ago, ofbsac said:

My 62 grand prix's wiper motor works only when it feels like it. I turn it on and sometimes after driving for a while it will start to work. Switch works well on both speeds.

I have power to the motor and the ground is good.

ANY IDEAS?

Otherwise, I need another motor. Where can I get one ?

Lot's of rain x now.

thanks

Most likely the motor is just tired from age and weather, not uncommon for what you described. You can get a good replacement from NAPA. Unless you are looking for something more with relevance to absolute concourse condition.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see replacement motors listed under Advanced Auto Parts as well. So you have options. You just need to call around a bit. You may have to special order the part if you local shop doesn't stock it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have tried napa and advanced auto and they don't have a motor. I'v tried ames and franks and they don't have a motor

I just found S & N  electric here in sacramento that will rebuild mine for $120.

thanks

ted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Most likely the motor is just tired from age and weather, not uncommon for what you described. You can get a good replacement from NAPA. Unless you are looking for something more with relevance to absolute concourse condition.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, ofbsac said:

I have tried napa and advanced auto and they don't have a motor. I'v tried ames and franks and they don't have a motor

I just found S & N  electric here in sacramento that will rebuild mine for $120.

thanks

ted

Well, you could try these guys!

http://www.phillipsmusclecarparts.com/rebuilt-wiper-motors.html

Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.