Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Need help

I have  rear end with numbers cca0326B2 was wondering if someone could give me any info on it thanks allIMG_20180808_105226.thumb.jpg.8298e6f698a5b96f8ab601acecc5042e.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Still working on the "CCA" portion.

0326B2 means it was built on March 26, 1969 (03-26), Buffalo plant, 2nd shift (B-2)

I can't find anything with the C C A on it. Also would like to find out about a block I have, numbers are C086284 YC, 21c304499,485428

Casting code 485428 means you have a 455 engine block made between 71-74, either a two or four barrel carb. YC means it was an automatic car. The date the block was made is by the distributor hole. Where were these other numbers?

The other number came from the passenger side tube of rear end CCA0326B2

The numbers by distributor are 71, 7D, N,L090. Casting number 485428

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

L090 = December 9, 1970 was when the block was made. So this block was made for the 1971 model year.

Thanks for info . Now got to figure out the ratio in my rear end so I can order a cam

That’s easy to approximate Jack up the rear end properly. Put the car in neutral. Rotate a rear tire once. Count the number of revolutions of the driveshaft it takes to turn the tire. A little over three is a 3.07, three and a half should be a 3.55, three and a third is a 3.73, almost four is 3.90, just over four should be a 4.11. Just shy of three and a half is a 3:42. I recommend using a chalk mark on the the transmission tail housing and the u-joint, as well as the tire to the bottom of the fender.

Edited by Frosty

😳

2 hours ago, Lonnir said:

Thanks for info . Now got to figure out the ratio in my rear end so I can order a cam

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

That’s easy to approximate Jack up the rear end properly. Put the car in neutral. Rotate a rear tire once. Count the number of revolutions of the driveshaft it takes to turn the tire. A little over three is a 3.07, three and a half should be a 3.55, three and a third is a 3.73, almost four is 3.90, just over four should be a 4.11. Just shy of three and a half is a 3:42. I recommend using a chalk mark on the the transmission tail housing and the u-joint, as well as the tire to the bottom of the fender.

Ok I'll try that. Didn't think about doing that

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Ok did the tire thing it's a 3.90 

My passenger tire did not turn my drive shaft is this normal?