Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Help With A School Project

Illegal downloading  

14 members have voted

Please sign in/register to vote or see results of poll. Votes will be made public once the poll closes.

So my girlfriend is doing a project on illegal Downloading

Please Vote Then Discuss illegal Downloading

Mods: Can you please help and keep this clean and on topic

Thanks for everyones help

Just a heads up, don't post where you have or could download things illegally :willy_nilly: Just talking about it should be fine, don't get too personal about it though.

Ill Start:

Yes I have illegally downloaded songs becasue of not having money to buy the song/CD or just for ease. I illegal download if I cant not find a song or songs on ITunes. I think that illegal downloading is bad it is just like stealing. It is taking something that is not yours.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Just a heads up, don't post where you have or could download things illegally :willy_nilly: Just talking about it should be fine, don't get too personal about it though.

I used to do it all the time but stopped as it was like renting a hooker and got computer crabs. I cannot stand buying CDs since getting my IPOD. As of recent I belong to a site that you buy songs as you download them to your computer. I do understand what the bands are complaining about since technically it is no better than walking into a store and taking something off the shelf.

Lol.

Lets just say that the amount of money of illegally downloaded things i have is in the high triple digits.

According to de*o*o*d i have.

Uploaded: 718.66 GB

Downloaded: 502.51 GB

And i have only been using d*m*n*id for about a year and a half.

It's 50/50 with me. I've downloaded a few things via iTunes, but I'll download .rar files. It's usually music iTunes or the local music stores don't have or can't get ahold of. The one downside to the types of metal I really like, a lot of the bands are from Europe, and aren't attached to any sort of record label apart of the US, so their albums aren't apart of libraries over here.

I've illegally downloaded music, but usually just until I've decided that I like enough of the band's songs to buy the album, in which case I'll just rip that to my computer and replace the old songs. If I only like one or two of their songs, they wouldn't have gotten any money from me anyway. Generally I don't download too much anymore, 'cause I usually listen to Pandora online radio.

Lol.

Lets just say that the amount of money of illegally downloaded things i have is in the high triple digits.

According to de*o*o*d i have.

Uploaded: 718.66 GB

Downloaded: 502.51 GB

And i have only been using d*m*n*id for about a year and a half.

haha I use them too... AND P*r*t* B*y

Ive never saw it as illegal. If it was so illegal why is it so easy to do with virtually no stopping you. Speeding is illegal, going out to the bar then driving home is too. I could care less about stupid laws, besides in this country you can get out of anything with the right lawyer and then even counter sue. Wonderful broken, flawed farce we call a "legal system".

I will say that I'm not only downloading to get around payin for smething. 100% of videogames you download are restricted from being played online. 9 times out of 10 if I like the game I'll buy it. Programs are the same way but no way will I pay for Photoshop when it's 500 bucks or how ever mch it is. Another thing is operatng systems. I will also never pay $300 for an OS. That's stupid. Movies too. I think movie stars are wayyyyyyyy over paid for such a simple job. I will never support people who make movies. I don't even go to the show. Now my musc is different. 90% of the time I will buy the CD to support a band or artist that isn't big time yet. Unless I can't find the album.