Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Another G6P convert

Hi everybody. I'm 07GTPBlackAndTan on G6Performance. Got turned onto the site via another member here. Seems like traffic on G6P is slowing down, so I thought I'd spread out a bit and try this new home out for a while.

For those that don't know me, I've got a 2007 G6 GTP 3.6L. I currently hold the 3rd fastest naturally aspirated 1/4 mile on record for all G6's at 14.341. I have a very unique paint scheme (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2542328 for more details) and I was the first to get custom headers done for the LY7 platform.

I'm located in Florence, KY which is just south of Cincinnati, OH by about 10 miles. I frequent 1/4 tracks when I've made changes to the car.

My car is going to be a LONG term project. Ultimate goal is 13's and 30 MPG highway. Totally doable I think... :) Anyway, working with a guy from New York on some future mods and hopefully some bolt-on's.

Anyway, if you want to know more, just ask. I'll get to updating my sig and avatar. Thanks in advance for the "welcome"s!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

:rofl::) i hope to one day smash all G6 records... :rofl: hopefully...maybe...i wish. could happen. :rofl:

Welcome, nice G6 nice to see a different color theme for once

Thanks, that's exactly what I was going for! :)

Welcome!

The LY7 is one potent motor. Ever thought of an LLT swap? I've seen those motors pump out 375HP with bolt ons and a tune.

Yeah, I'd KILL to get my hands on one...but they don't make a transverse version...YET! :welcomeFP:

Kinda, sorta.

The newer 09-10 Malibus and Lacrosse models have a transverse version IIRC, they are equipped with a 305HP 3.6L DOHC V6. I'm not 100% sure though.

But the DOHC 60*V6 has come a long way since the LQ1.

So the LY7 was an option for GTPs? I thought it was only for the GXPs.

It was an option for 1 year, 2007 GTP. Then they moved over to the GXP's.