Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Lost my job again

Jakeman17

Some of you guys know what I had gone through nor to long ago with my dad. After being helped put by a friends dad with getting a job and getting back on my feet and put of the hole I am almost in the green until Monday. As of Monday I was fired by that company with no reason. But the same day a auto parts store had called about my application so hopefully that goes through. So I'm not sure what will be happening with my car bc of the deal with my dad but i will keep you all posted

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Sux to hear Jake.... I hope things pan out for you!

' date='Mar 31 2010, 08:51 AM' post='19354']

What parts store? I hope it's not Autozone, corporate bastards can't run a company without treating their employees like a bunch of slaves.

Sometimes THAT'S better than nothing... specially with the way things are right now!

Sorry about loosing your job Jake but knowone gets fired just for no reason.

Sux to hear Jake.... I hope things pan out for you!

Sometimes THAT'S better than nothing... specially with the way things are right now!

Trust me, this company cuts so many corners, it's sickening.

-They cut my hours to keep me from claiming health benefits.

-They gave me a f@cking .10 cent raise in two years. Two f@cking years!

-I've had to work in other stores maybe +35 miles away from my house, and they refused to reimburse me for gas, even when it said in the handbook they have to. I brought the Department of Labor into it, my DM hated me after that.

-Ever since the gas money issue, they refused to let me step up to being a Parts Sales Manager, and a raise and benefits.

I'm so glad I quit, and because of Obama's new health care reform, they can't fuck over anyone anymore over benefits, since they'll be fined up the ass if they do.

/rant.

Cliffnotes: Autozone is run by a bunch of cheap, selfish scumbags.

• Founders

Sucks to hear Jake, hope you can work something out with your dad to keep the 6 or get this job!

Legally you can't be fired "without a reason" there has to be a reason or the company you worked for can be sued :rofl:

its the company my dad is the manager of during the day, and my dad had no control over them firing jake, and my dad said that he will have a shit fit if they fire him but when my dad left early monday they fired him for no reason

• Founders

its the company my dad is the manager of during the day, and my dad had no control over them firing jake, and my dad said that he will have a shit fit if they fire him but when my dad left early monday they fired him for no reason

I'm kinda lost, I hope you meant just Jake or if your Dad got fired too that a whole new level of horribleness!!

There's a void here... How did they get away with just firing Jake? My last job, the higher up hated me, but I always did my job right, and they never could fire me. They'll pressure you to quit...

No one take me as being racist or anything

I worked night shift and worked with all mexicans. My manager didnt teach me everything he was supposed to. He told the owner and everything. Matts dad stepped in and found out what i was taught and what i wasnt. He taught me everything I needed to know. Matts dad talked to the owner about me since he was one of the head guys and cleared everything up. Well my boss and the other day shift manager didnt like me also and were trying to find any reason to fire me. No one knew that I knew Matt and his dad really well outside of work so I was getting info from matts dad that no one knew. Matts dad said the only reason my boss didnt like me was bc I wasnt mexican. He tried getting me for every little thing he could.

• Founders

If you can prove this take the guy to court, racism works all ways not just whites to anything :P . The only problem is I know you probably couldn't afford it but you could probably file something with a government agency (forget the name but they make sure you can't be fired upon race, religion or any of the like values).

Sounds like how I was "laid off" from a local supermarket back in 06. I worked the dairy section by myself. But I noticed I was one of the very few white guys there. Seriously. I worked most of the summer there, making $11 an hour. But in August, I was let go. Said my work ethic was "lacking". Yeah, my ass. Because the next week, four Mexican dudes were working Dairy. I knew one of the guys, we talked for a bit, and I asked about his pay out of curiousity I asked what he got paid hourly...$4.50 an hour. That pissed me the hell off, but companies will cut corners any way possible. Making profit really brings out the selfish side of society.