Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

CHAOS'S FORZA 4 PONTIAC BUILDS! (Update: Drift Solstice is now done!)

[ChaosweaveR]

I really do enjoy building, tuning and designing the cars in Forza 4. But I've always built them in my normal fashion, which is starting to bore me a tad.

SO, since this is "Forever Pontiac", let's have some fun here; choose a Pontiac from the list here and I'll build it, design it and race it and show you the results, power specs and times!

post-90-0-91349000-1383795325_thumb.png

So, let's have some fun!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any setup in mind?

>drfit

>drag

>circuit

>tag

Also: colors? Designs?

That was my first choice aswell.

Circuit - Wide bodied, front air dam, Some fat tires..... Fun but not too flashy color with lite graphics maybe a giant arrowhead?

Drift solstice for sure! decaled out tastefully please.

then 88 trans am GTA however you like

Okay, any limits to how the Solstice will be built? Give me a class to build to spec: A, S, R3, R2

As for the 3rd gen, I have a good plan for that.

That was my first choice aswell.

Circuit - Wide bodied, front air dam, Some fat tires..... Fun but not too flashy color with lite graphics maybe a giant arrowhead?

No widebody feature, but wide tires and wheels are doable. Again, what class spec you want it to? These cars are best balanced at A and S.

As for the design, I'll work with that.

Okay, any limits to how the Solstice will be built? Give me a class to build to spec: A, S, R3, R2

As for the 3rd gen, I have a good plan for that.

No widebody feature, but wide tires and wheels are doable. Again, what class spec you want it to? These cars are best balanced at A and S.

As for the design, I'll work with that.

Not really sure what the mods will take you to but I would think A or S would be enough

Keep the solstice with the eco. I wanna hear psssh psssh psssh drifting around the corner lol

Starting with the 1973 Trans Am SD. This will be done with every car so you can see the gains from stock, I'll do a test run in stock form and show specs in stock form.

post-90-0-78462900-1383799100_thumb.jpg

Specs:

372HP

480lbs of torque

3695lbs

0-60: 6.7 sec

1/4 mile: 15.866 @ 101mph

On the road course, the car certainly has torque. The stock gearbox is far too short to really make use of the 455ci V8, the suspension is mushy and loses too much speed in the turns. Wheelspin is very apparent and makes the car a handful when pushing it hard, especially in 1st and 2nd gear. Top speed is a measly 133mph.

Time to focus on the transmission, tires, suspension, brakes and taking weight off this beast to make it a competitive circuit car. To keep it well balanced, it will be upgraded to A class.

1973 Trans Am is done. Built to A-class, for circuit racing.

post-90-0-64534900-1383849221_thumb.jpg

Final specs:

605HP

673lbs of torque

3,372lbs

0-60mph: 3.7 sec

1/4 mile: 12.821 @121mph

Top speed: 180mph with current gear ratio setup

It doesn't even feel like the same Trans Am when I started. It holds speed wonderfully through the turns, the racing brakes (6 pots up front, four out back) allows the car to go deep into turns, which you need to overtake your opponents in a race. Gears 1-4 I left somewhat short, making for awesome acceleration coming out of slow and medium speed turns. The tires are racing slicks, running 255/45 R18 up front and 305/35 R18 out back, which is a huge improvement over the stock 215/70 R15 wheel and tire size. Wheels are ultra light Konig Afterburners, only weighting 18lbs each according to the game specs. The paint scheme I kept simple, with some modern and old school flair. The angry eyes up front are my favorite feature.

Thoughts?

Well, I wanted something by the fender vents. Felt too plain.

And yes, afterburners. Because of how wide these tires are, they have a deep dish lip to them, which is always a good look on a muscle car. Plus, the lightweight wheels improve the car's PI.

Forza 4 is still worth getting. There's A LOT of DLC, though...get a copy with the two discs, so you'll get the majority of them right on the get go. Horizon is a bag of crap. Avoid.

cool. no G6? iv liked the G6 race cars and tried to recreate the designs on other games.

Nope. People have made the GTO/G6 GXP liveries already, I've seen them in the storefront. Spot on replicas.

Test drive of the Solstice is done.

post-90-0-25536100-1383867198_thumb.jpg

263HP

260lbs of torque

3,018lbs

0-60mph: 5.8sec

1/4 mile: 14.815 @101mph

Top speed: 150mph

Car certainly has power, but the gear ratios are just far too tall for its powerband. suspension is okay, brakes are decent. But still lots to improve.

Finally done with the Drift Solstice! Originally, I built it to S class, but it was making 520HP. Too much power for the car, excessive wheelspin all the way to 4th gear made it very frustrating and aggravating to hold a drift for very long. I de-tuned it to A class, MUCH nicer to handle and holds drifts for way, WAY longer.

post-90-0-45922100-1383881831_thumb.jpg

Specs:

347HP

344lbs of torque

2,871lbs

0-60mph: 4.2sec

1/4 mile: 13.146 @116mph

Top speed: 162mph (with gearing set for drift)

The design I created is flashy, but still screams Pontiac with Formula Drift style. Black with red always is a favorite of mine. Red wheels isn't my thing...but this is a drift car. It's all about being seen as you shred corners.

You can make pretty much anything you can possibly design.

There's a few decal packs that I have that I've gotten through trades but the majority of my designs I make myself.