Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

my g6

well i stopped at the body shop yesterday before work and this is how far they got, he said its gonna cost me 1700 now for everything because of problems that they ran into like they have to custom fab clips for the bumpers to clip into place and stuff, well here is one of the pics i took of the front end

g6.jpg

0219101442a.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because it has to be custom fitted and custom brackets were made for it to be clipped in, i didnt want the hassel to have to do all that since im a full time student and work at the same time. so i needed it done quickly :lol2:

I call BS on the "custom" clips... not saying you're BSing... the shop is pulling your weenie... all they have to do is drill holes!!! there are no custom clips that need to be made... all you use are the stock bumper retainer clips or GM/replacent bumper clips.... those christmas tree looking black clips you just push in.... simple!!!

dude im 18, ya the guy could be bs but he is doing it the way he wants to, so im just letting him do it, i just want my car done, ya know? bc im not gonna complain since he is the cheepest quote ive gotten, i rather spend 1700 with this guy than spend 4000 with the other body shops that quoted me

• Founders

0219101442a.jpg

Is that a glare or is someone joking around and put a Bentley badge on your car? :lol2:

$1700 still seems a little high for me at least, should be like $500ish for paint maybe $800 for both back and front install shouldn't be $900+!!!! :blink: Unless he's doesn't know what he's doing and messing things up and having to repair them :rofl:

dude im 18, ya the guy could be bs but he is doing it the way he wants to, so im just letting him do it, i just want my car done, ya know? bc im not gonna complain since he is the cheepest quote ive gotten, i rather spend 1700 with this guy than spend 4000 with the other body shops that quoted me

I didn't mean to get you panties in a bunch, or sound like a douche either... I was simply implying that there is no need to fab anything special to do the install... that's all.

All that matters is that you're happy and the car looks good!!! :blink:

Just curious whats he doing exactly? maybe that will clear up peoples confusing/questions.

painting the whole car?

two tone? what colors too if so?

just the bodykit?

ect......

:nom_noms:

Guest GA_Girl2002

oh jeeze guys it'll look perfectly fine when it's done, yes this guy is also painting matts car & as far as i know & remember it will be a two tone paint job.

im pretty sure black & the charcoal color. & painting the body kit to match the rest of the car.

• Founders

oh jeeze guys it'll look perfectly fine when it's done, yes this guy is also painting matts car & as far as i know & remember it will be a two tone paint job.

im pretty sure black & the charcoal color. & painting the body kit to match the rest of the car.

Wow price seems a lot better now!! lol. Sounds tight, can't wait to see it Matt!

Guest GA_Girl2002

lol, yeah thats why i was like aw.. guys i thought it was a good idea & then jedi decided to clear it up a bit, but it'll look sweet :lol2: im stealing his car next weekend :blink:

Thanks amber:) & its not a bentley emblem, lol its a harley davidson skull with pilots wings, everyone things its a bentley emblem lol all good, ya i cant wait to get it back, i miss it:( it sucks not bein able to go cruisin & yes amber is dying to cruise in it next weekend lol