Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Overhaulin' Returns to TV with New Episodes

Frosty

One of the most iconic car restoration shows in TV was Overhaulin' with Chip Foose, Chris Jacobs, and co-hosts Courtney Hansen or A.J. Janic. The show went off the air 4 years ago. Now it is returning to TV on the Velocity Channel with new episodes starting October 2, 2012. Chip and Chris return with new co-host Jesse Combs, who is also doing All Girls Garage on Velocity as well.

Velocity channel is the former HD Theater channel and it is part of the Discovery Channel suite of cable channels, like TLC, Animal Planet, etc.

I can't wait to see how this new season pans out. I've always admired Chip's sense of style.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

OOOOOH!!!!! I used to enjoy this show very much but some things they did utterly made me mad because it was too radical for a classic. Will have to see what this velocity channel is and what they do when they come back

Isn't that what Search and Restore is now? :lol2:

Somewhat! Those Overhaulin' Wannabes give themselves a month to do all the work. Plus they don't have Chip's eye for design..and they don't even steal the car!!!!

Isn't that what Search and Restore is now? :lol2:

wow they still do that show. i haven't watched spike (the powerblock in forever)..by that time of the morning i'm usually outside doing yard crap or clearing land/brush.

i gave up on those shows because they hardly ever finish any pproject. at least overhaulin finishes the cars.

i'll have to check more another day because we get the HD version of the channel ( which does no good for me since we don't get the HD shit cable comapny get's enough money) so that means we should get the regular version. it's listed in the lineup on the cable company site but flipping through on the cable box it doesn't even show up but the channel is there.

You may need to check your cable listing. I could be wrong, but I think Velocity might be an HD exclusive channel. I won't swear to it, but it is part of my HD package from Charter.

RTM still produces Search and Restore but they only produce a handful of complete 4-part episode cars a year (3-4 cars a season). I do like the fact that the RTM shows does finish cars in 1-2 seasons, while Gearz has only finished 2 projects in 5 seasons (the Banshee and the Knucklebuster). Heck, Ted Nugent's Bronco was the first project started on that show and it still ain't done. Stacey started Sgt Rock on Trucks! and it still isn't complete on Gearz in over 8 years! So I understand what you are saying.

i checked charter's site and for the channels available it gave me the HD version but no regular one.

that's one of the things that always bugged me with those shows they start something and then never finish it. trucks started that old crew cab for truck with the cummins engine and to my knowledge it's still not finished. i remember Ted nugent's bronco and i thought he did some work on it and then gave it back to Ted and fast forward some time and then the bronco ended up back on gearz for some upgrades over the ones stacy already did. i really wanted to see Sgt Rock completed, don't even remember what engine he was going to put in it but a cummins would fit that thing nicely.

The payoff for the Cummins Ford I believe is just around the corner. Sgt Rock they switched the suspension from a leaf spring to a coil over and now a shock system like a Monster Truck. I has a Big Chrysler from Indy Cylinder heads in it I think. She has not really moved much since I toured the shop in 2010.

that makes sense about sgt rock with the suspension it does have those huge rockwell axles. now that you say that about the engine i do remember something about indy cyl heads regarding the engine.

saw something about the velocity channel from a press release seems it an HD only channel.

I was afraid that this might be the case. Velocity is also re-running the old American Hot Rod shows with Boyd Coddington. I loved how the cars went together, but I think Duane was a huge pain in the neck.

• 2 weeks later...

I was caught off guard last night. It seems that Overhaulin's sixth season premiered on the Discovery channel just before American Chopper. If this is how it is going to work (Mondays on Discovery and Tuesday on Velocity) then I think everyone will be happy. Check your local listing to be sure though.

Last night's episode restored a '65 Impala for a former Marine who served in Afghanistan. He sold the car (to the show's producers) to pay for baby food and diapers for his newborn daughter. It definitely had a different feel but Chip's design was good and several recognizable A-team members were back.

yeah i saw overhaulin listed on the discovery channel when i flipping through but didn't look because i figured it was just a repeat.

makes sense though since the same place owns both channels.