Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Quick Photoshoot

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The GP looks to be in great shape! Minus the front bumper.

How many miles?

Yeah, just chipped paint.

My dad and I bought it, we couldn't pass up the deal. $5000 for a car that is worth $7,500-$9,000!?

The car had gotten into a minor accident (Previous owner was rear-ended) and it was repaired using all GM parts, you would never know it got into an accident. The only thing is that the trunk needs is new struts and slight re-alignment. (Non damaging misalignment). It needs new rear-wheel bearings and the paint is chipping around the grill.

No dents, no scratches, no rust.

Interior is in perfect condition; no tears, stains, scratches.

Its practically a brand new base model GP.

The passneger head light has like some annoying "fogging" issue. We tried to clean it but nothing works. I'll post a pic

EDIT: Here is a pic:

fogz.jpg

The "fog" bisects the lens horizontally and is around the outside.

It has a slight but noticeable effect on headlight brightness.

Looks great!!!

get one of the headlight restoring kits they work wonders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark and I were driving around a couple days ago and saw a blue Phoenix! It made me think of you and reminded me to get back on this forum! :)

Mark and I were driving around a couple days ago and saw a blue Phoenix! It made me think of you and reminded me to get back on this forum! :)

:woot:

And Jedi, we already did to clean the driver side, it did work wonders, but the passenger is tough!

The first thing I'm doing to this car is painting the engine cover, gonna paint it black with a touch of Pontiac blue.

Then in the summer, I'm gonna do more much more work on the Phoenix. The first task I want to do now that I can take it off the road for extended periods is clean the carburetor. I want to start taking things off and cleaning them/restoring them. The last two issue of Smoke Signals I recieved did a two part (each issue respectively) detailed article about how to clean the choke, and they used a Rochester 2GC! (which is what I have)

Ah, finally we see the GP. Be happy your family buys you a car. :lol:

You plan on doing anything to it? The GP crowd favors the previous gen over this. Also: don't become a W-body douche. Dalton knows what I mean.

' timestamp='1335827432' post='71058']

Also: don't become a W-body douche.

I don't think our precious Phoenix-loving Mikey-poo would dare do that to us!

' timestamp='1335827432' post='71058']

Ah, finally we see the GP. Be happy your family buys you a car. :lol:

You plan on doing anything to it? The GP crowd favors the previous gen over this.

Well the first thing I want to do it take the engine cover, clean it, prime it, paint it black, then highlight it with Pontiac Blue, gotta represent. I want to re-badge it. And uhm, maybe in the future make it a dual exhaust. I was also thinking maybe a Pontiac windshield decal, ya know the ones that go across the top. Or a Pontiac Racing one on the back just like the Phoenix, but that probably won't happen

But I want to dump most of my cash in the Phoenix.

Also: don't become a W-body douche. Dalton knows what I mean.

Whut?

I really don't get it. Is a w-body douche similar to the cry baby tards at GAOC? Only with w-bodies and not what ever the GA's platform is?

I really don't get it. Is a w-body douche similar to the cry baby tards at GAOC? Only with w-bodies and not what ever the GA's platform is?

Pretty much.But most of the w- body owners are nice.

' timestamp='1335852186' post='71101']

Once you're on ClubGP.com enough...you'll know. :yoda:

fixed ;)