Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2002 Montana Thunder awd

good idea..but dont tint the headlites...go for an aftermarket setup for shure

my fav montana in your gen is the tan colour with black bumpers and mouldings, it looks nice and shiney on sunny days...imagine lowering it and puttin some rims on :lol: now thats a pimp vann

i was actually almost bought a set of rims for it for 150 that looked pretty sick and i was thinking on a set like chaos suggested. an thanks

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

it happened last week and i started it and i heard a pop and smoke came out from the hood and it started to misfire and it died. wouldnt start after. and it also popped out my powerwindow fuse. this all happens after i got new front hubs for it and did its headlights and oilchange and airfilter. oh and i put half a tank of premium. all this before it died. time to replace it . it isnt worth $2200 for the harness plus the time i would have to put in it.

• Founders

If it's a compatible or same engine then I'd say yes lol. I know that's not the answer you're looking for but what engine do you have and what engine are you looking at for the replacement from?

just tint the tails

:D It may be dead ;)

If it's a compatible or same engine then I'd say yes lol. I know that's not the answer you're looking for but what engine do you have and what engine are you looking at for the replacement from?

replacement from the ga 3400(la1) i have the 3400(LA1) thats why i was asking to see if it world work.

The U-body shares more in common with the W-body as far as components go. The engine itself, is identical, aside from some sensors in different spots, and the EGR system setup differently. The ECM also is tuned differently than the N-body ECM, the U-body LA1 makes 185HP versus the N-body spec of 175HP. Other than that, same LA1 for the most part. You can use an LA1 from an Impala, Monte Carlo, Grand Am, Alero or other U-body van, just need to setup the sensors accordingly.

' date='Oct 10 2011, 07:54 PM' post='60163']

The U-body shares more in common with the W-body as far as components go. The engine itself, is identical, aside from some sensors in different spots, and the EGR system setup differently. The ECM also is tuned differently than the N-body ECM, the U-body LA1 makes 185HP versus the N-body spec of 175HP. Other than that, same LA1 for the most part. You can use an LA1 from an Impala, Monte Carlo, Grand Am, Alero or other U-body van, just need to setup the sensors accordingly.

ok perfect im looking at getting a harness from a alero for $140 compared to the 2 grand the dealer wants. oh and what symtoms would a bad harness have. any codes. mmine just wont start and that was a problem that it had but just got worse.

' date='Oct 10 2011, 08:47 PM' post='60168']

Is the SES light on? Check the ECM for codes first off...

its on but like i said it wont start so when its not running its always on. but it makes no attempts to start. i was thinking nutural saftey switch but i got a friend to bypass it and it still didnt do anythining. im just going on guess work right now lol