Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hello from Iowa

Hello, im new to fp. Im from iowa, i am an active musician for rock, hard rock, heavy metal, and experimental.

I own a 1998 Pontiac Grand Am SE, with a 3.1 liter v6. I have all kicker sound system with a panasonic in dash. All the filters are K&N. It needs new window motors and lifts. It also need a new paint job and rust removal. I would also like to LineX my wheel wells and parts of the undercarage, to protect from the harsh iowa winter weather.

I try and do all the maitenece and repair work on my car myself. I think i do pretty good.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Welcome to FP!

A 4th gen GA owner, nice to see the numbers still coming. The L82 motor residing in your GA tends to be notorious for Lower Intake Manifold gasket and headgasket leaks in old age. However, swapping in the LA1 3400 motor doesn't take much at all.

Any pics of the GA?

Also, curious about your music. *points to sig*

' date='Feb 6 2011, 02:53 PM' post='48107']

Welcome to FP!

A 4th gen GA owner, nice to see the numbers still coming. The L82 motor residing in your GA tends to be notorious for Lower Intake Manifold gasket and headgasket leaks in old age. However, swapping in the LA1 3400 motor doesn't take much at all.

Any pics of the GA?

Also, curious about your music. *points to sig*

Yeah i have heard that about the lower intake problem, with 170k miles on it i can only hope for a little longer!! will the tran i have work with a 3400, i figured the power wouldn't take, being a bigger motor and all.

no pics yet its filthy from winter, plus im actually looking for prices on gettin it repainted but i will take before and after pics. im not getting nothing fancy, just updateing it and fixing the rust and dents.

as far as music goes dont have any recorded but to give you a hint, i play a lot of Godsmack, chevelle, creed, alter bridge, and a little bit of classic rock here and there. My fav guitarist is Mark Tremonti from creed and alter bridge.

I forget with trans is bolted up to the L82 (maybe the 4T40E) but the LA1's 4T45E trans drops in without much of an issue. Of course, a top end rebuild would be necessary on the LA1 you find if you ever do the swap. (Might as well do an LX9 top swap)

The music...meh...I'm gonna be nice and bite my tongue. Let's just say I don't like any of those bands. :(

I'll find my metal discussion thread and link it here.