Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hitting some hard times

• Founders

Well in this recession everybody is hitting some hard times and they finally seemed to have hit myself and my cousin. As many of you know, my cousin and I own a server hosting business (that's how we can use this site for roughly no cost) but finding out the other day that the Data Center we have our servers at is hitting some horrible times. Sadly my cousin who works at the Data Center also has been laid off and eventually the Data Center will close. Now basically for myself and my cousin we are trying to decide what to do now, we will not go down so easily and are figuring out what Data Center to move to next. This is a whole process and hope to figure this out soon.

Now what this means for Forever Pontiac. At some point down the road, I figure in the near future, we will be taking our servers offline and moving to a new place so this means we might be down for a day or 2. Nothing huge but I figured I'd warn you guys with plenty advance and keep you guys in the loop. Another thing is Forever Pontiac will continue no matter what, even if some weird chance my cousin decides hosting servers anymore isn't worth it. I will still probably take this server and get it hosted at a Data Center.

My cousin and I have put all our money into this business and do not want it to fail so I ask that if you know anybody that needs website hosting, website designing or anything along the lines of our services that we can supply a service and generate money is greatly appreciated! As this move to a new DC will cost us money and we will not be getting an employee discount at the new DC so we will be under a great money crunch that might cause me to pay more money out of pocket for my server which I don't have. So also it is greatly appreciated if you have the means to help us out with any sort of donation you will be highly recognized on here with doing so!

I appreciate you guys being on here and am sorry that we have had some problems with the servers as of lately, been going forever without a main project on my server and now that I do, we encounter issues which is just my luck :lol2:

Website for our server hosting: FOXCORE HOSTING CLICK HERE

Donation button is at the bottom of the page!

I thank anyone and everyone who can help us in our economic issues!!!!!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

If you don't mind me asking... how much are we looking to raise Jim?

I don't really want to say a number because I don't want to make you guys "feel" like you have to donate. I will though give you some numbers of what we are facing or will face:

New Data Center price is about $800+/month

Moving is gonna cost us about $2,000 in down expenses a day

Surcharges/fees/random stuff around $500-$5,000 I'd say

If we don't get a good chunk of new customers this will probably cost around $40/month to keep FP.

Like I said I don't want everyone to feel like they have to donate but I feel any amount of help will greatly improve any chances of us not failing and overall having to have greater help in keeping Forever Pontiac around.

Like I said if you donate you will be recognized on here as doing so with a special member tag and image plus more things in the future.

We will get thru this somehow and the forum stickers can raise a little smiley_emoticons_cash.gif for the site. Tell your cousin I hope he finds a new job soon and to keep smiling!

• Founders

Its just web page hosting? No game servers right?

No we have the applications to do game servers. I'll have to talk to my cousin about it. We have set up before some for TF2, COD and various other games. I'll pm you if you're interested and we'll talk more about it.

If we can gain more interest from other Pontiac owners on this site, raising money wouldn't be too bad of an issue. So far it's mainly just us GA and G6 folks. We should get the attention of the Fiero boards. I bet they'd be all for putting forth some effort.

' date='Jan 22 2010, 03:36 PM' post='4793']

If we can gain more interest from other Pontiac owners on this site, raising money wouldn't be too bad of an issue. So far it's mainly just us GA and G6 folks. We should get the attention of the Fiero boards. I bet they'd be all for putting forth some effort.

Fiero Boards ARE HUGE!

• Founders

Thanks guys there will be definitely some sort of special "supporter" package that you will get once it is decided you guys will have it!

Also if you donate please put your user name on here in the comments so I know its you and can appropriately mark you on here as doing so :lol2:

Thanks guys there will be definitely some sort of special "supporter" package that you will get once it is decided you guys will have it!

Also if you donate please put your user name on here in the comments so I know its you and can appropriately mark you on here as doing so :D

oops... LOL mine was this last one! :lol2:

Also if you donate please put your user name on here in the comments so I know its you and can appropriately mark you on here as doing so :cheers:

My bad! Seems you figured it out, though... ;)

• Founders

My bad! Seems you figured it out, though... :lol2:

Yea luckily a lot of people only have 1 email so I just matched them :lol2: . I know myself have multiple emails thus giving me a user name when the donate with a email other than used here it would be helpful to tell me who it is :)