Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

[ChaosweaveR]'s mega pic whore thread

They don't take the time to classify like that, well, at least the shows on LI. The judges seem to be more interested in what the car is, versus originality. It seems to be, no matter what's done to my GA, and no matter how clean it is, the judges are more interested in Mustang, Corvette, or something more usual.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

' date='Jan 26 2010, 01:00 PM' post='5763']

They don't take the time to classify like that, well, at least the shows on LI. The judges seem to be more interested in what the car is, versus originality. It seems to be, no matter what's done to my GA, and no matter how clean it is, the judges are more interested in Mustang, Corvette, or something more usual.

I hate profiling... :lol2:

Very true Matt. I've talked with a few people before, about "standing out". People want attention, even if it's foolish. So people would notice the obnoxious, tacky and well, ricey mods that cry desperately for attention on one car, while a car like Matt's, myself, and my friend Lizzy's, get passed by without much thought. It gets aggervating.

When the mods are tasteful, they tend to stick out less to the average person.

:lol2:

' date='Jan 26 2010, 08:52 AM' post='5794']

Very true Matt. I've talked with a few people before, about "standing out". People want attention, even if it's foolish. So people would notice the obnoxious, tacky and well, ricey mods that cry desperately for attention on one car, while a car like Matt's, myself, and my friend Lizzy's, get passed by without much thought. It gets aggervating.

Thats actually why I loved my old 025s... the wheels looked like they came from the factory. Everything on the car looked like it could have come right from Pontiac like that. Of course, nobody would ever thing anything of it, though, because it didn't stick out.

Random006.jpg

Random007-1.jpg

Random012.jpg

DSCN0070.jpg

• Founders

:lol2: with the tasteful mod thing. I remember some guy at a gas station in Tampa was like nice Pontiac GT you got there!! Imagine a hill-billy with a huge Gator emblem on his truck and probably from Gainesville as well saying this "Nice Pontiac GT, you get er! I member seeing un of these tings down at track listening to da turboz whistle up rigth der before she went down itz!" :woot: Sorry if any of you are country folk but that's word for word what he said and I just wanted to facepalm everything he said cause I'm like you don't know what you're talking about if you can't even read what my car says right... lol

I was like thanks? but hate to tell you no one has ever turbo'd a G6 3.5L to my knowledge (or at least tuned it correctly) and yes I do drive a G6 GT not just a GT. I guess it is partially my fault he thought it was called a "GT" cause I do have "GT" on my front grill but still honestly? Its better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

:lol2: with the tasteful mod thing. I remember some guy at a gas station in Tampa was like nice Pontiac GT you got there!! Imagine a hill-billy with a huge Gator emblem on his truck and probably from Gainesville as well saying this "Nice Pontiac GT, you get er! I member seeing un of these tings down at track listening to da turboz whistle up rigth der before she went down itz!" :woot: Sorry if any of you are country folk but that's word for word what he said and I just wanted to facepalm everything he said cause I'm like you don't know what you're talking about if you can't even read what my car says right... lol

I was like thanks? but hate to tell you no one has ever turbo'd a G6 3.5L to my knowledge (or at least tuned it correctly) and yes I do drive a G6 GT not just a GT. I guess it is partially my fault he thought it was called a "GT" cause I do have "GT" on my front grill but still honestly? Its better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Again, insert 'rofl smiley' here :woot: YEEHAW!!!

:lol2: with the tasteful mod thing. I remember some guy at a gas station in Tampa was like nice Pontiac GT you got there!! Imagine a hill-billy with a huge Gator emblem on his truck and probably from Gainesville as well saying this "Nice Pontiac GT, you get er! I member seeing un of these tings down at track listening to da turboz whistle up rigth der before she went down itz!" :dancingpontiac: Sorry if any of you are country folk but that's word for word what he said and I just wanted to facepalm everything he said cause I'm like you don't know what you're talking about if you can't even read what my car says right... lol

:D

I can say this, at least people don't look at for G6GT and say, "OH WOW, IS THAT A GRAND PRIX?! IS IT SUPERCHARGED???!!?!?11!?" rofl

Amazing looking pics, and I think you should take some more night pics in a parking lot letting the light shine on your car with your interior lights on :dancingpontiac:

Haha, that's Sarah's GA. She has blue LEDs for her interior lights.

Lizzy has us all beat.

At a car show back last May, a little kid with his dad saw Lizzy's car...

Dad: "You know what kind of car that is?"

Kid: "A Pontiac!"

Dad: "But what kind of Pontiac?"

Kid: "A GTO!!!"

:dancingpontiac:

That has to be the funniest/adorable moments I've ever seen.