Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

What size wheels are you planning on running? Many brake kits required 15 inch (or larger) wheels. IF you are running 14 inch wheels, then this greatly reduces the possibilities.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Paul, Fitzy  is doing the brake upgrade on his 65 as we speak !! 

back in my thread you will find, i had sorced a dual master cylinder from rock auto out of a later 1960s' chev , they have the correct bolt pattern and bore size for drum/drum set up.....sooooo.

keep an eye on Fitzy thread ! 

i have not fitted mine yet as i need for the 64 to be stock when it goes for its compliance checks, then i will swap out the single outlet master cylnder with the dual circut one.

it will make your brakes wayyyy safer, and brake better too !!

hopefully Fitzty sees your question :cheers:

• Like 2

On 7/28/2023 at 4:07 PM, 64 kiwi boni said:

one moment caller ! i will go look under the hood on my 59 ........

Hey there,

While you're looking under the hood, would you answer me something if possible?

I've spoken to Summit Racing (who have the same master cylinder as you're planning to fit - a Centric 130.62016). They can't confirm If it will fit mine or not, but looking more closely at your photo it appears as if yours is a 2 bolt fitment? Mine is a 4 bolt - see photo.

IMG_7107.jpeg

• Like 1

From what info that have able to gather....In order to upgrade to a dual circuit Master Cylinder...you would have to swap out the Bendix power brake booster...For a Delco-Moraine power brake booster...As far as the brake pedal assembly...I'm unsure if the Bendix unit would properly work with the Delco-Moraine booster...As it is very possible that the brake pedal ratio/angle on the Bendix system would be incompatible with the Delco unit and would require the brake pedal assembly from a car that was originally equipped with the Delco power brake assembly in order to maintain the proper geometry and pedal ratio for the system to work correctly... 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1