Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

63 Catalina Convertible Top Switch

While raising my top tonight, the convertible Switch, literally popped off!  I have no idea what I did differently. But I’d really prefer keeping my original switch if possible. If not possible, where can I get an oem switch? Are they difficult to install? Is it possible cement glue can repair? 

FEE43BE6-4A0C-4814-987F-F91B953D8F5B.jpeg

F37FB43F-86EF-41C2-82F3-52AEAC899384.jpeg

• Like 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Aaron, the switch shouldn’t  be hard to access … justA take the dash pad off and because it’s at the top you should be able to get at it nicely 

Pretty sure there is only a few screws holding the dash pad on like in my 64 ..

wrongway can confirm that when he pops in ….. :dancingpontiac:

• Like 2

Thanks sir. I’ll give it a shot.  

For some odd reason my Ames Catalog has the convertible switches from 58-60 and 65 and up 

but nothing for 63.  I’ll call them Tuesday when they are open.   

y’all have a great Memorial Day.     

On a positive note I was able to use a tiny screwdriver to act as the switch and get my top down. To cruise for the weekend.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Aaron, the switch shouldn’t  be hard to access … justA take the dash pad off and because it’s at the top you should be able to get at it nicely 

Pretty sure there is only a few screws holding the dash pad on like in my 64 ..

wrongway can confirm that when he pops in ….. :dancingpontiac:

I do confirm that sir Kiwi. Yes, there is only a few screws holding the dash pad on. You will most likely have to remove the A pillar chrome as well because there is a long screw at the bottom that runs into or next to the dash pad at the corner of the windshield, at least on the hard tops. But that's also simple, 3 screws.

• Like 2