Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Suzuki Kizashi

• 2 weeks later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, it reminds me of a Cruze, have you looked into one of those? They even come turboed if I remember correctly... If not that, then check out a lower end Subi, even used, that way you can have turbo and AWD... I've even heard the new G37 coupe is AWD...

I have looked into all of those but none of them can beat what the Kizashi has stock for the price.

That's very true... I like it, I can't disagree, reminds me of the Cruze with a Jetta front end, I say go for it, you can let us know how it is :lol2:

There's a Sport, even maybe an SS model of the Cruze inbound, Mark. I'd hold off a bit longer before jumping on the Suzuki. The idea of the +260HP turbo Ecotec in a Cruze with a good chance of it being AWD...OM NOM NOM. And it's still GM!

• Founders
' date='Nov 21 2010, 04:29 PM' post='41548']

There's a Sport, even maybe an SS model of the Cruze inbound, Mark. I'd hold off a bit longer before jumping on the Suzuki. The idea of the +260HP turbo Ecotec in a Cruze with a good chance of it being AWD...OM NOM NOM. And it's still GM!

This would = win mark! Plus till then you can still enjoy the goat a bit!

And there in lies my other issue. The ranger needs the cooling system replaced. ENTIRE cooling system; radiator, hoses, water pump, gaskets. Blah.

i would say that is at most 3-400 bucks and thats generous. just sayin

And there in lies my other issue. The ranger needs the cooling system replaced. ENTIRE cooling system; radiator, hoses, water pump, gaskets. Blah.

No joke, I wish I lived in Cali right now. I'd have all that replaced in an afternoon. The 3.0L is rather easy to work on.

OK. I'll fill you all in on something. I DON'T HAVE ANY EXTRA CASH FLOW. Contrary to popular belief Military DO NOT male a lot of money, in fact I make >$25,000/year.

Most of my money goes to helping out family members in other states ie; Mom (gave her $500 from last check for a down payment on a new car), Brother (Just bought him plane tickets home for christmas, he's stationed in 29 Palms), and I'm paying for a lot of stuff for my fiance because she is in school and not working.

My left over money that I make only goes towards food and gas. Driving all over the state for crap that the Marines has me doing is not efficient at all in the GTO, not to mention the un-needed miles on it.

I drive to MN instead of flying when I go and visit because (surprisingly) it's cheaper for me to drive there and stay at my Mom's than it is to fly, get a rental and stay in a hotel.

I go home for winters, so driving through UT, CO, NE, IA, and MN is not fun in RWD or just FWD for that matter.

I'm sorry for making this harder than it needs to be on anyone but I'm basically got my head set on selling the GTO and getting the Kizashi. I will, however, look at the Cruze a bit more (I do like them).

Thank you everyone for trying to keep me in a Pontiac (or GM) but it's really hard to these days because there are so many good s cars out there that so many "fanboys" get tunnel vision for the rest of the market they don't see what else is out there. Open your eyes and look at other cars for a change, you'd be surprised with what you'd find :pop_corn:

Sorry for the rant, but now you know.

• Founders
Driving all over the state for crap that the Marines has me doing is not efficient at all in the GTO, not to mention the un-needed miles on it.

Mark if you're driving for work, THE MARINES should be paying for your gas! :pop_corn: (unless you're driving from home to work)

Mark, I remember how bad you wanted the Goat so that's all I'm trying to get you to realize and think long on your next car ;) The Kizashi looks good for your needs right now but are you going to trade that in for something else you want in less than a year? Get something you're going to be happy with for at least 5 years, that way you're not wasting money on a new car every year and will have some cash for more things :D

Mark if you're driving for work, THE MARINES should be paying for your gas! :pop_corn: (unless you're driving from home to work)

They are but I don't get it till I get back to Pendleton after I'm done here at Miramar.

Mark, I remember how bad you wanted the Goat so that's all I'm trying to get you to realize and think long on your next car ;) The Kizashi looks good for your needs right now but are you going to trade that in for something else you want in less than a year? Get something you're going to be happy with for at least 5 years, that way you're not wasting money on a new car every year and will have some cash for more things :D

Thanks, I appreciate it. You're a good friend and I respect your opinion and I am looking at the Cruze right now. Something that has also come up is the fact that I am thinking about requesting orders to go to MCAS Quantico, VA. I've always wanted to visit the East Coast and that would be a perfect place for me to go and with all the snow I would really like to have AWD to help out, especially if Nina will be driving (she HATES driving lol).

Alright guys I just got back from test driving a Cruze and here are my key points about the car;

- uncomfortable seats. My butt hurt when I was done with the test drive, I don't even want to know how I would feel after a long drive to MN.

- the driver's side mirror was warped and made be go cross eyed looking in the mirror.

+ very quick from stop->start. (probably has something to do with the little turbo in it.

+ interior was pretty cool looking, aside from the ASS loads of buttons.

- No AWD option, if you don't want to spend the extra $5000 for an LTZ you have to have drum brakes in the rear.

- Only leather in the LTZ.

All in all, I wasn't very impressed with the car... Not going to happen.

• Founders

Crazy, seemed like it was going to be a crazy good car from the reviews it was going to be good but then again its priced at what? $14k? Guess it can't be any better than a base G6...

That's cool you might be out here in the East though, east coast FTW! lol

Crazy, seemed like it was going to be a crazy good car from the reviews it was going to be good but then again its priced at what? $14k? Guess it can't be any better than a base G6...

That's cool you might be out here in the East though, east coast FTW! lol

It's not a bad little car but it's cheap. I'd rather have a Malibu than that though.

But then I run into the problem of owning a car with a basically un-modable engine. Might as well get another G6 LOL

:P Agreed, but yeah, guess that solves that... How about getting a used Mazda3 hatch? They are pretty bad@$$ and you can get the MazdaSpeed version :P