Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Illinois : October Meet

60DegreeVVT

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um.. i dont thinik that i believe that.

just build some boost and TAKE OFF!!!

lol Im still slow :picard:

But my last mods of the year go on next week.. Just in time for a meet... wooooooot

:Pedobear:

man my car is eating oil like it is its job too...

no leaks but just burning it.

i went in for an oil change (about 700 miles over) and i was not registering any oil on the dipstick... 2 changes in a row. i called GM and they said it was nothing.

i changed the PCV valve my self because some times (when i was working on saturns) that will fix the oil consumption problem. no dice... i am almost 1000 miles in on this oil change and i am going ot check the level in a few hundred miles. if i am low then it is time for WARRANTY WORK!!! 5 year 1000000 miles here we come!

Yeah oil consumption can be a problem.. my trans pan is/was dumping fluid a lot after driving the van to FL. It isn't really leaking anymore but I continue to check my trans fluid. Oil -- I'm at 7,000 miles on this change and haven't leaked/burned/lost a drop... welll MAYBE a drop but nothing registering under full on the dipstick (go royal purple!!) My mom's '07 GP though, that one burns enough oil to where if she goes a couple hundred over an oil change the SES light comes on because of the low oil... according to GM they claim it's not enough for them to do anything about it. So, just gotta keep an eye on that. Now, know a guy with a 2008 GMC w/the 350 in it... that burned oil like CRAZY haha.. took it in, they disassembled his engine just to find that they installed his piston rings backwards!!!! haha... well hope you fix your leak, I thank God the van doesn't leak!!

I can see the oil dripping from the pan, and I drove it from the car wash to my gfs house (2 miles maybe) and it dripped a spot the size of a 50 cent piece and stopped so I have to take the pan off and check it out, dealer said it isnt covered on the waranty(ass hats).

But if I rev my satty past 4500-5000 it smokes like a fiend, and has eaten over a quart in 2000 miles on 20W50

I can see the oil dripping from the pan, and I drove it from the car wash to my gfs house (2 miles maybe) and it dripped a spot the size of a 50 cent piece and stopped so I have to take the pan off and check it out, dealer said it isnt covered on the waranty(ass hats).

But if I rev my satty past 4500-5000 it smokes like a fiend, and has eaten over a quart in 2000 miles on 20W50

ohgodthatsalottaoil. haha, yeah the dealerships generally are idiots. My mom's key fob also went out, they were going to charge her almost $200 for a new fob and reprogramming... she pulled out paperwork to say "you guys know I'm not your average dumbass woman who you talk into an unnecessary sale, this is covered by my warranty." haha, Mom's an awesome lady. Hope you get that oil pan fixed!

Saturns suffer from bad blow by... the rings cease to the pistons and the oil just blows by... also check your PCV because those things stick and you will eat oil like it is your job...

The SES is just a healthy glow reminding you that you are a Saturn Tuner... (i have a signature like that somewhere but it is at home.)

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.