Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

PS3 or just Blu Ray Player

Ringo64

PS3 Vs. Blu Ray Player  

10 members have voted

Please sign in/register to vote or see results of poll. Votes will be made public once the poll closes.

• Founders

Been thinking about this for a while now, I used to be the guy who hated Blu Ray but then this summer I started watching some movies at my friends house and they have one so it got me thinking about one. So what I'm wondering is those that have a PS3 or Blu Ray player, which is the better quality? I've seen most Blu Ray players going for $100-300 so I figured that I'd probably be able to find a PS3 around there if the quality is the same.

I have a 360 and I really prefer that for gaming so I won't be buying too many games if I were to buy a PS3. Just wondering if the quality of the Blu Ray player on the PS3 is equivalent, better or worse then that of an actual player.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use to have both and have a new sony BR HiDef dvd. I personally like having all separate components and having the big stack of stuff. As far as the better or worse..... I like haveing it separate from the PS3 I just think its easier to use and you will have more menu set up options. I also like using the remote better then a game controller, that can be a pain sometimes.

I have the PS3 and the Xbox and both are decent blue ray players but there are ones out there on the market that are better plus the sound outputs tend to be better quality for surround sound systems.

The one that I have is:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/POCEN/Sup...BDP-330.Support

Thus far it has been a good player for me and I like the fact that I can play DVDs in it as well.

• Founders

Thus far it has been a good player for me and I like the fact that I can play DVDs in it as well.

Yea that's another thing I wanted, a player that will up convert regular DVDs as well.

Just to tack on I have found a difference when you are using standard cables versus HDMI cables. Other than the cleanliness of the HDMI cable the picture seems to be a little more clear. The only downside is the the cable are expensive but do not let the stereo people B. S. you about the cost since there is not that much difference in quality from cheap to expensive and they are priced for 60-80% profit.

• Founders

Just to tack on I have found a difference when you are using standard cables versus HDMI cables. Other than the cleanliness of the HDMI cable the picture seems to be a little more clear. The only downside is the the cable are expensive but do not let the stereo people B. S. you about the cost since there is not that much difference in quality from cheap to expensive and they are priced for 60-80% profit.

lol yup know all about that lovely stuff, luckily I got a free HDMI cable with purchase of my HDTV about 4 years ago. Surprised I got one but none the less its pretty nice.

I love my PS3. hook it up to the internet via wifi or hard line(much quicker) and you've got an internet browser right in your living room. I've got a wireless keyboard and mouse hooked up to it through bluetooth, and it's awesome!

PS3 all the way........now the xbox is coming out with BluRay, soon, so for you xbox lovers, you may wanna just wait!

• Founders

What kind of Blu Ray player do you have Mark?

I have this one.

Sony BDP-S350 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-S350-1080p-...r/dp/B001A4LVYY

sony-bdp-s350-frontpanel.jpg

I dont F around sony all the way!!! ;)

EDIT: lol apparently you have the older version which for some reason costs more. Do you know if the newer one Clicky is just as good or better? Its cheaper which is a MAJOR plus for me :badGT:

Thanks everyone too for the info its been really helpful in the deciding process!

looks to be the same thing to me Jim, I would get it. sounds like a good deal.

• Founders

Well bought the Blu Ray Player Joe and I mentioned above, looked at Best Buy and they wanted $160 plus ship so I saved about $40 and got free shipping with Amazon. Hopefully I'll be happy with it otherwise you guys will get a chance at a cheap(er) Blu Ray player :D

Wow that must be a nice setup!

• Founders
:lol2: I just got a call from some guy and said that their BDP-S360s had water damage so I'm getting upgraded to the BDP-S370 for free. The S370 has a LOT more features like Netflixs, Pandora, etc... Plus better software so it runs better so overall this is getting better and better purchasing from amazon :D

• Founders

I have the worst luck :) The brilliant minds at FedEx sent my Blu Ray player to Kansas City Missouri, you learn something new everyday I didn't know Naples Florida was in Kansas City Missouri :D so now its gonna be a couple more days I have to wait, :o

I have the worst luck :) The brilliant minds at FedEx sent my Blu Ray player to Kansas City Missouri, you learn something new everyday I didn't know Naples Florida was in Kansas City Missouri :D so now its gonna be a couple more days I have to wait, :o

Sorry, Well, I guess that's what happens when you get a free upgrade!?

• Founders

Sorry, Well, I guess that's what happens when you get a free upgrade!?

Yea, shipping was free as well so I can't really complain as long as it comes in one piece but still I thought it was ridiculous

• Founders

:o

Its out for delivery again in Kansas City Missouri... Sent the people an email at 11am EST, I'm giving them till 2PM EST to get back to me or I'm filing a claim on Amazon.

Looks like I'm just gonna spend the $30 more and buy it from Best Buy, once I get refunded.

EDIT: Damnit, Amazon apparently does not have an option for filing a claim that your seller is retarded and can't get your address straight so I have to wait till monday because these claims are time based so I can do "Did not receive package" ughhh....