Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Prayers Needed for Eric White

Frosty

Guys, I have just been informed that Eric White, a fellow member of Michigan Widetrackers, just suffered a massive stroke last night. I am asking that you remember him in your family's prayers wishing him a full recovery. 

Now I am sure many of you don't know Eric, but perhaps you should. I am happy to call him my friend. 

Eric is a past president of the GTOAA

Eric is mentioned at the 3:30 mark.

It is Eric's gold GTO that is on the cover of Jim Wanger's book "Glory Day: When Horsepower Ruled Detroit". The photograph was taken by the late Paul Zarraine, famous automotive author and photographer, and has been featured in several magazines over the years.

Eric is a commercial artist and author in his own right. He own's White House graphics. So if you technical pictures of various cars in magazines like Smoke Signals, this is probably Eric's work. Eric also wrote "The GTO Association of America's Pontiac GTO/GT-37 Illustrated Identification Guide".

http://www.whitehouse-graphics.com/

Eric has also collaborated with former GM/Pontiac designer Paul Deesen to re-design the Pontiac Oakland Club International logo.

poci%20new%20logo_full.jpeg

Eric is the Pontiac Brand manager for the Wild About Cars website. He is constantly looking for all sorts of technical or advertising printed material for Pontiac and Oakland. He has a considerable collection already.

http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/

Eric is active with Tim Dye and the Pontiac Oakland Museum.

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

It is with a sad heart that I have to report that Eric passed away at 10:30 a.m. this morning at Lapeer Regional Medical Center. All of his family was able to get to the hospital from as far away as Florida. The family is currently putting together the funeral arrangements.

Rest in Peace Eric.

2014 WT Dust-Off 91 2.JPG

Eric's car is judged to be the best overall GTO by the North Oakland Bowties car club at 2014 Dustoff. This was the 50th anniversary of the GTO.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Yeah  that's true Ringo. You can tell he was not that old either. Damn this one really hurts me personally. While he never worked at Pontiac, he was a Pontiac enthusiast through and through, and he was very knowledgeable. We've lost a real treasure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been busy writing the tribute to Eric for the Tracker. I have been in touch with Jim Wangers, Jim Mattison (PHS), the president and editor for the GTOAA, judges for POCI, publisher/writer Don Keefe, and members of the Land of Lakes  (Minnesota) GTOAA chapter (that Eric help start) amongst others talking about Eric. Eric was a humble guy but he's had a profound impact on the Pontiac community. This is a really tough article to write but it will be a labor of love.

• 3 weeks later...

In case any of you guys are members of the GTOAA, the May issue of the Legend is now out. A good part of the issue is a tribute to Eric. They use all of the material I provided them along with my article / tribute to Eric. They did it up right, IMHO. Its my first publication in a national magazine. I just wish it could have been on something happier. 

I have permission to post the article on the Widetrackers website. As soon it gets posted, I will post the link.

• Like 1