Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

proper way to wire subs?

well i have been thinking of doing some audio stuff to the G6; new stereo (again), new speakers, new sub box with the same amp and subs. and i wanted to use that opportunity to properly wire my subs to the amp, which i never did before (yes, i have known that since ever). so my subwoofers are DVC. and how do i properly wire it up to my 2Ch amp to get 1200W x 2? i felt like i understood how before, but now looking online again, is kinda confusing. also, what size wire is best from the amp to the subwoofer?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I'll try to help. First always use the heaviest gauge wire that your terminal connectors will accept. It's usually 18 or 16 gauge. The lower # is more strands per wire. Next you want to take a neg from sub 1 and connect to the opposite positive side. Take the other pos. to your amp and the remaining neg. to your amp. Repeat for sub 2. Not sure of exact wattage but should be close.

oooOhh. so thats the correct way? will there be a difference in sound or loudness?

always have, although cops havent been to fond of it. this is only for some fun boom. if i was serious about it, id get one of those junked child molester vans, gut it, add 30 subwoofers.

Back in the early 80's my friends & I took two 25w/ch Sony car amps bridged them each and played them through a pair of JBL's of mine in the back seat of a '76 Monte Carlo. We used a power inverter to power a new medium back then called a compact disk. We thought we were the shit for pumpin bass! Loooong before what is available today! :drool:

...took two 25w/ch Sony car amps bridged them...

:blink: whaa? 25? but you also had clear crisp music/bass back then.

We thought we were the shit for pumpin bass!

high school days? ya i remember those.

before we drift off, would my stuff work like in your diagram?

Yes well between 1982- 1984(high school) we were lucky to have that car to cruise in let alone be able to wire it for sound. Then as our finances improved so did our cars :pontiac:& our gear. I know I'm dating myself( you old fart lol :rofl: ) but that's how we got started and it blossomed into what we have available to us today. Component speakers weren't on the market and you were lucky to find aftermarket gear much more than those Sony's. So when CDs hit the 'Burgh we were really cruisin' & crankin before anyone ever heard of the compact disk.