Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

How to Cheat the System

So... i have Dishnetwork... and 1 box controls 2 TVs. and i have a simple question. I want to splice the signal going to the second TV to work my Bedroom TV and my Second TV....

Is that possible?

In simple terms whatever is showing on the second TV i want to show on the bedroom. i put in a splicer and it got all jackered up...

help?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

you should be able to do this no problem. is the distance very far?

i have dish running out to my camper which is a huge span from my dual DVR box. perhaps your splitter is bad. you should be able to do this no problem...

• Founders

In experience with my cable box, I would say at the dish because I can't split after it goes through the box, I have to split at the wall.

' date='Apr 13 2010, 02:05 PM' post='20964']

Internet > Cable

Waaaaaay more entertaining than cable, and you can find anything to watch on youtube. :willy_nilly:

:( I cancelled my cable because I just don't watch it.

ok, my setup is TV1 is at the box, connected via HDMI. i have TV2 hooked up via a crazy thing that actually goes back up the sat feed line and splits back off to go to my trailer, but thats besides the point

im guessing your second TV is hooked up via a cable off the back of your box. simply add a two way splitter to that line, with one going to your TV2 and the other going to TV3. your 2nd remote that works via radio signal should work in both rooms as long as they are not too far away.

for a satellite dish you need a "dual lnb" for the dish or a new satellite dish and two boxes one for each tv. :willy_nilly::lol2::lol2:

Easier solution... pay someone to "hook up" your cable... 50-60 bucks tops no monthly payments... ;)

since passing the digital communications act, fines for that are absolutely mind boggling. you could buy a brand new car with how much they can charge you. you think its just stealing TV, but since its now a form of digital communication (phone, internet) it carries much heavier fines!

i used to be a cable dog AkA ladder jockey. i have all the tools to steal cable if i wanted to :willy_nilly:

for a satellite dish you need a "dual lnb" for the dish or a new satellite dish and two boxes one for each tv. :lol2:;):(

no you dont. he has a dual output box. his sat already has 2 LNB's. he simply wants to split the image/sound going to his second TV to a 3rd. he will have to watch the same thing on both TVs.

its the same as having a single box, and having all your tv's in the house hooked to it. everyone will have to watch whatever the remote control king is watching :lol2: