Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Warm up before cruising 1/1/15

It was a sunny, balmy 45 degrees here new years day, so the mrs. and I decided to go cruisin'. Here's quicky phone video of Black Betty warming up before we left...

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9fcxX2BT5Q

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I don't know when I'll be able to drive the Goat again... It looks like winter has finally caught up- it's going to be in the teens and twenties all this week. I did fill up the the tank before I put her in the garage, but I didn't put any Sta-Bil in it. I'm hoping it will at least get in the 40's in the next week or two and I can get her out again.

Nice, sounds great!

Can move the Goat down to Florida and I'll gladly drive her year round for you ;)

I would love to move to FL or somewhere it's warm year round, but the mrs likes to experiance all four seasons and, most importantly, be near our grandson who is due in April.

I would love to move to FL or somewhere it's warm year round, but the mrs likes to experiance all four seasons and, most importantly, be near our grandson who is due in April.

You won't move to Florida until your kids and grandkids do.

I am jealous that you've managed to drive Black Beauty this late. The snow and cold is flying here but I may still have to break the Lemans out of storage next week and take it to the upholstery shop.

Definitely get the Sta-Bil in her.

• Like 1

You won't move to Florida until your kids and grandkids do.

I am jealous that you've managed to drive Black Beauty this late. The snow and cold is flying here but I may still have to break the Lemans out of storage next week and take it to the upholstery shop.

Definitely get the Sta-Bil in her.

Frosty, you are 100% correct about moving! :lol2:

Got 4" of snow today and temps won't even get into the 30's until Sunday. I'm hoping for a day or two of 40 or 50 degree weather in the next couple of weeks. What's funny is that many years ago, these cars were our daily drivers and now we're freaking out over some cold weather like they're going to blow up or something, lol! :willy_nilly:

There's no way you can put Sta-Bil in a full tank, right? Don't I have to have a near empty tank, pour the Sta-Bil in, and then fill it up?

Nice, sounds great!

Can move the Goat down to Florida and I'll gladly drive her year round for you ;)

ya till the hurricanes get you in Florida. :P and only two seasons here, hot and cold. :lol: ill take care of your car here if you decide to. :D

Frosty, you are 100% correct about moving! :lol2:

Got 4" of snow today and temps won't even get into the 30's until Sunday. I'm hoping for a day or two of 40 or 50 degree weather in the next couple of weeks. What's funny is that many years ago, these cars were our daily drivers and now we're freaking out over some cold weather like they're going to blow up or something, lol! :willy_nilly:

There's no way you can put Sta-Bil in a full tank, right? Don't I have to have a near empty tank, pour the Sta-Bil in, and then fill it up?

Back in the day, we didn't care if they got dirty or rusted. They were our basic transportation. Now they are worth several times more than the original MSRP. We don't want them to rust again or get damaged. Its now become a bit of a significant, albeit, fun investment, as well as a source of much enjoyment. We really don't want to screw it up for either reason.

You can put Sta-Bil in a full tank but it is much more effective if it can be mixed. My suggestion would be to get the Sta-Bil in it ASAP to help prevent fuel breakdown. Then, the next time you get it out, drive it a little bit (like you need much encouragement to do that right?), and perhaps top off the tank when your done so the new gas helps to mix the Sta-Bil with the gas in the tank.

ya till the hurricanes get you in Florida. :P and only two seasons here, hot and cold. :lol: ill take care of your car here if you decide to. :D

Sniff...sniff....sniff....that smells like a "Trust Me" !!!! :rofl:

• Like 1